Davidoff flake medallions to ps bullseye

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by TxPipesmoker, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Has anyone tried either of these enough to compair them?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nope , but compare is the correct spelling .. at least i could help w/ something :xd: ... just bustin chops man :)

3. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

compare -compair ahh you got me. I spell like a 5 yr old, half of the time. paw didnt go for all that fancy book learning

ruffinogold and Rewster66 like this.
  4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I think the Bullseye pucks are a little less sweet than the Davidoffs. I also remember the Davidoff medallions being sweet throughout the smoke whereas the Bullseye seemed to turn slightly sour half way through. The PS LBF that I smoked was pretty fresh though so it might be less sour with some time in the cellar.....or not? Who knows?.......Both are good.............I prefer Escudo.....:)

5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I've had both, and while PS Bullseye is good in it's own right, Davidoff Flake Medallions are really something special. Like GlassSculptor says, it's a little sweeter throughout the smoke. I didn't have trouble with the Bullseye going sour, but it definitely has a grassier tasting Virginia component. I also remember the Perique being slightly more pronounced than it is in Flake Medallions, and the Cavendish being a little less so. I wouldn't turn my nose up at LBF, though. Great price, too.

6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Well ill be the odd man out I have both now and smoke them on a regular basis and I find the PS LBF to be a much more pleasant smoke with a sweeter creamier taste. I have never had a sour smoke from the LBF nor have I from the Davidoff, but IMHO the LBF is far better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.