• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dedicated day to clean pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradNTX

I run pipe cleaners through until they come clean after every smoke. Once every 2-3 months, I put all my pipes in a pile, take them apart and clean them with either bristle pipe cleaners and a shank brush, and usually some vodka. They usually sweeten up considerably after the big cleaning.

PipeSimmo

I run pipe cleaners through until they come clean after every smoke. Once every 2-3 months, I put all my pipes in a pile, take them apart and clean them with either bristle pipe cleaners and a shank brush, and usually some vodka. They usually sweeten up considerably after the big cleaning.
Most of my pipes I haven't smoked 3 months yet - but I guess when it comes to that point - I will do it the same way like Brad does.

ruffinogold

Mayor
I run cleaners through them as I smoke them and one day it hits me ... jeez , I need to clean and buff the pipes :eek: then it takes me a few days to set aside the time to do a bunch . Sometimes I'll walk up to the barn and clean just one but not often

Buckshot

I usually smoke 3-5 bowls in the same pipe then give it a thorough cleaning with pipe sweetener or Everclear before I put it back on the rack. Then I start the whole process over again with a different pipe. The pipe I'm smoking at the time is usually the only unclean pipe in my rotation.

BradNTX

yeah im trying to catch up on dexter with the wife and alone i watch mad men, spartacus, survivor, game of thrones and boardwalk empires.
We watched all the Dexter episodes from season 1 to current over the last couple of months. We also did Game of Thrones, and can't wait for that one to start up again. My wife likes Mad Men, but I'm kind of meh... on it.

BTW, thanks for reminding me to clean my pipes today. I just finished cleaning and polishing them all. I tried some 3M automotive spray wax on one and it worked well, so I used it on all the briars. Smooth, shiney and not tacky like some of the other waxes I've used. :bing:

We watched all the Dexter episodes from season 1 to current over the last couple of months. We also did Game of Thrones, and can't wait for that one to start up again. My wife likes Mad Men, but I'm kind of meh... on it.

BTW, thanks for reminding me to clean my pipes today. I just finished cleaning and polishing them all. I tried some 3M automotive spray wax on one and it worked well, so I used it on all the briars. Smooth, shiney and not tacky like some of the other waxes I've used. :bing:
no problems, im cleaning them up right now hehe

Raffxr7

sunday, I clean every pipe from a rack. the next sunday I change to another rack. I give a light cleaning each day I smoke, but I like to be thorough. A pipe cleaner after each bowl does not reach where a shank brush can.

JRobert

Serious Cat
Staff member
Forum Guide
I have mostly cobs, and I clean them when I remember. As in "oh sh*t it's been a few weeks, better clean all the cobs" -- and I use 90% isopropyl alcohol. I know, I am a heathen, unwashed, unworthy, but I still can't bring myself to use drinkable alcohol to clean my pipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.