Did you ever notice.,,,,

Serenity

There are obviously thousands of pipe smokers in the United States it's a real shame they don't in public, there is strength in numbers and the few of us that do wouldn't be looked at like lepers. If nothing else NPSD should include every piper smoking their pipe in public, imho.

ruffinogold

Mayor
I don't care for nonsmokers. There's obviously a genetic malfunction or missing chromosome ..... or worse . It's ok if chicks don't smoke, they're chicks . Everyone has a right to make their own choices , thankfully , but that doesn't mean there isn't something terribly wrong with them .
Anyway , if a non smoker happens by a leper pit , tell them you're praying for them as there is obviously a big problem . Bless their hearts

CoreyR

Living the sweet life!
Patron
I've encountered a few pipe smokers "in the wild." My favorite instance was just a few weeks ago, in Baltimore Md. My wife and I were walking around the Inner Harbor, I was smoking some LBF in a MM CG, and a young man, in his early 20's, came running up, puffing some OTC aromatic, like a freight train, from a Dr Grabow. I'm surprised the pipe didn't burst into flames.
Now there is nothing wrong with a good Dr G, I have a few myself. Also nothing wrong with many OTC aro's, I keep a few on hand, but this kid was very excited to meet someone, ANYONE, else who "smokes a pipe!" He said his, excited "hellos," asked some basic questions, a then proceeded to give me a thorough, and excited, lesson on pipe smoking!! :D
My wife started to say something, I just gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze and let the kid go on. He was excited, telling me all about how to load and light the "best tobaccos," which all seemed to consist of something called "Captain Black...?" LOL In several flavors though. He also suggested that I "move on to try a real pipe," presumably referring to my cob. The whole time I could not help but think, to myself, "kid, I got pipes AND tobaccos older than you!" :xd:
I kept a straight face and thanked him for his "help." I did tell him, "ya know, there is this forum, online, for pipe smokers, you should check it out." Otherwise enlightening the kid would've been like kicking a puppy. :thu:

avid

I don't care for nonsmokers. There's obviously a genetic malfunction or missing chromosome ..... or worse . It's ok if chicks don't smoke, they're chicks . Everyone has a right to make their own choices , thankfully , but that doesn't mean there isn't something terribly wrong with them .
Anyway , if a non smoker happens by a leper pit , tell them you're praying for them as there is obviously a big problem . Bless their hearts
discrimination against non-smokers...awesome