Do you have a 'fugly' pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol Brokedik

I look at a lot of pipes on Ebay. I can make this a pretty fast process because I know what I like. When I see a pipe I fancy, it jumps off the page at me. The same thing happens when I see a pipe I think is, f**king ugly. That makes me wonder what that 'artist' was thinking when he made it. Those pipes usually don't sell and are relisted on the site bunches of times. It must be damaging for an 'artist' to make a pipe that isn't wanted.

Q. Do you have a fugly pipe?

Falconeer

Hi All,

Yes he's managed to make them look like they were carved from a dog turd and that's quite an achievement!

The ugliest one I've got is the old Doc Grabow I posted about - but Heavens it's still a truly great smoker and takes me down memory lane,

Best as ever

Gerry

Bri2k

Reaching that level of eyesore is truly an achievement.

They'd have to pay me $275 to take it!

I wonder if they can keep from laughing when they get a sale.

Boomer-Z

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....or so I was told....

My fugly is another man's beauty. My first pipe was a $25 basket pipe. I loved that pipe...but it was fugly. I gave it to a friend.

Z

t-bear

Wall-e pipes are highly thought of in some circles. There's a contest of sorts going on over at the pipe carvers forum....recreating a Wallwnstein pipe. The idea is not to copy his work, but to create a unique pipe with the flavor of his admittedly off-beat style. I'm entered.....

Falconeer

Hi All,

had another look just in case I was hasty in my judgement - don't think I was somehow! Can't see myself walking down Motherwell Main Street clutching any of these lovingly and certainly can imagine the comments I'd get standing outside the "Century" smoking one of those!

And people think a Falcon's ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best to all

Gerry

t-bear

Kinda figured I'd be in the minority here....didn't realize how much! The bride says, I don't march to a different drummer...it's a whole different orchestra! Oh well, at least I'm still marching! :eek:hyeah:

SSGpiper

Kinda figured I'd be in the minority here....didn't realize how much! The bride says, I don't march to a different drummer...it's a whole different orchestra! Oh well, at least I'm still marching! :eek:hyeah:
I'm in your camp Bear. I really love the unusual. The benefit is that sometimes pipes that aren't appreciated by the "sheep" :groucho: eventually end up being lower price for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.