1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dr. Grabow or Kaywoodie?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by country69, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country69

country69 New Member

I just bought these pipes on ebay and I am not 100% sure who made them.
    Anyone got any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110623501255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230562587853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Well done - should be a couple of good smokers at excellent prices there and they'll polish up just fine. Enjoy in good health for many years.

Can't help with your query but will watch the thread with great interest myself to learn more. Have had quite good experiences with American Pipes of late and am developing an interest in the subject too.

Best to all

Gerry

3. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

The first one (short bulldog) looks just like my Yello-Bole, but it is a common style.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Dunno, without the 'Spade' and 'Club' symbols...I'm at a loss. Course, I'm not too knowledgeable on any pipe subject, come to think of it. :yes:

5. Hothog

Hothog Member

Did you actually pick them up for $5 and $8. Gee that's a bargain.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I dont think theyre Kaywoodies or Grabows . I'd like to buff the square shanked one . Before and after is always fun . Pack em and lite em ... Enjoy !

7. ted

ted Member

Dry-Filter was a name used by Whitehall Products Co. in Wheeling WVA.. These were imported in 1964 and shortly after, and most probably sold to them by Mastercraft.. Can't tell you exactly which factory in Italy made it, but can narrow it down to three. Sold for $3.95 in 1971.

The other appears to be a sandblast....maybe from a great supplier....maybe not.... that has been re-finished.:roflmao: by the owner. Looks like 180 grit sandpaper over a fairly good sandblasted pipe.
    Not a Grabow, and I 'spect, not a KYM.

A note..... Old Italian pipe makers used walnut shells and a cement mixer to "sandblast" their pipes. This one looks better than that, but still.

There are better bargains available on the "bag". Find "Irish Lefty's" site....ted

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.