Dropped Pipe Dropped Tobacco

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by buistd, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddandb

ddandb Member

The only problem I've ever run into picking tobacco off the floor was ending up with more then I started with. Be careful not to over pack.

2. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

If that's your kitty (very cute BTW) watch out for hair and litter. LOL :byg:

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Do yourself a favor and don't take a tour of the Cornell & Diehl factory! :xd:

I'll see if I can find a pic. Tobacco ALL OVER the floor. Don't think they have any dogs wandering around, though.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I read in an old P&T (C&D?) that used to sweep, shovel, dust-pan droppings and scatter from the day's work and put it all in a large bin to "marry" and each day, they'd just add to the bin of the days salvageable leaf (from wherever......) and at year's end, they'd sell it in tins and call it something like "Christmas 1995", or am I just having "pipe dreams"?

I see nothing wrong with picking it back up as long as you have confidence that it is worthy of smokin'.

Ed
    Puff

5. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I wouldn't pick it up off the floor - too much animal hair. Burnt hair is unpleasant.

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

At least look at the leaf before you smoke it (especially if you picked it up off the floor). Unless you are loadin' in the dark.

Ed
    Puff

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just had this happen a few minutes ago, so I'm a bit irritated. Fully rubbed out some Lakeland Brickle and loaded it up nicely into my La Rocca Dublin.....gathered my stuff to go downstairs and apparently tried to hold too much at once. The pipe went crashing down, spilling about half of it's contents! :mad:

A few scraps I put back in, but most of where it fell was too dusty to want to smoke the leaf, and I even found a cobweb I didn't know existed because some leaf stuck in it. Now I not only lose some precious tobacco, I can't avoid cleaning, either :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.