Dunhil De Luxe Navy Rolls

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David L, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David L

David L Member

Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls

I just grabbed some of this from my local B&M yesterday. IMHO it's really good stuff. To me it just tastes and smells like good quality straight tobacco. No crazy stuff added or anything. I like the rolls too...kinda neat.

It's not normally the type I smoke(I've been leaning more towards English blends), but I had heard about it and thought I would try it. I'm not one of those guys that has the ability to taste all the different flavors in a tobacco, but to me this had kind of a sweet taste to it. Other than that no other flavors stood out. Also, I got one hell of a buzz off it which is weird because none of the other blends that I smoke have ever done that to me. :w00t:

Anyone else tried this? I'm sure plenty have, I just thought I would get some other views on it because I didn't see any write-ups on the forum about it.

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

3. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

I've got a tin due to arrive in the mail today or tomorrow - the anticipation is killing me!!!

I've never smoked coins, any suggestions as to how to make this work?

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Orlik makes it so it cant be bad right!? Sounds like something I'd like to try . Thanks for the post ... I didnt know it was even out there

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Ahhhh..... Navy Rolls! Very nice! If I remember correctly this tobacco was introduced as a replacement for Escudo Navy Rolls which I never had the pleasure to try because they were prohibitively expensive!!!

I got my first tin of Dunhills Navy Rolls many years ago from my girlfriend. I still got the empty tins! No Government health warning on them! Yesssss!!!!!

To me it was a kind of transition-tobacco between the flavoured and unflavoured ones which in the end led me to 965 and EMP.

Handling wise I treated them like any Flake really: rub 'em down and fill as required.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

6. David L

David L Member

I just broke them up and stuffed it in. It burns really well so it's not too difficult to pack.

Ruffinogold- it's great....nice looking tin as well. Gold colored (I think) with a white label. I'm not sure where you can get it but I'm sure it's on the web somewhere at one of the popular tobacco sites. It's good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.