Dunhill Durbar: Too much for a noob?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by NBPipe, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

I found an odd tin of this at a cigar shop yesterday. After reading tobacco reviews it sounds like a bruiser. The tin is in good shape and is dated "02/03."

Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Buy it and smoke it. There won't be any rough edges on it. I don't remember seeing dating like that on the tins, I must be getting CRS.

3. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

Bad shorthand on my part. I should have said February 2003 :)

4. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Dunhill never dated the tins like that. Must have been the shop owner dating it maybe?. You really should buy it. You will not regret it.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The Dunhill blends were discontinued for a few years until the right to produce them was purchased by another blending house. Durbar is one of my favorite blends - I suggest buying it. If it turns out you don't like it, contact me and I'd be highly interested in a trade.

I wouldn't suggest buying it as a newby if you have to pay 30+ dollars for it, but if it's priced reasonably you should buy it without second thought.

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Ah, Durbar- that one has a special place in my heart. You should definitely go for it. I'd trade a tin of just about anything else for one last bowl of Durbar.

Mark w4mms, HCraven and Nate like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Stuff is amazing. I just wish I knew who to send an email to if I wanted to make criminal threats in an attempt to get them to start blending this one again :(

8. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

Nest, I did purchase it for $20. It was an odd tin that I found with some Presyterian dated on the sticker from 2006. The Durbar had the same date marks except it was 2003 from"Lane Distribution." I bought it because it was from Dunhill and it was a tin I was not familiar with. Judging by the reviews, it sounds like a doozy.

9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Durbar is an excellent English!! I still have most
    of my lone tin left. :ngty: Smoke it in good health!
    Oh, and consider yourself lucky you found a tin
    for that amount. Check the prices on fleabay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.