• Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.

Dunhill Flake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

Picked up a tin of Dunhill Flake recently. It has been on my list for quite a while. firstly, the tin (label) is very pleasant to the eye. Its a classy label. The tin note struck me as smelling like preserves...I cant quite decide which variety of preserves, but its there. The moisture content was right on the money. I smoked it in my (only) meer. Its pretty good. Similar to OGS, but with a bit more going on...more complex like...

A pretty good VA flake that is a no-brainer when it comes to dealing with. Ideal for flake beginners...

One of my top 3 favorite most awesome tobaccos. I've been stocking up on it. And this week I tried Capstan Blue flake for the first time, immediately fell in love. Dunhill Flake now has some competition! Well,not really, cause I'm just going to cellar a ton of both : ) Anyway, since you like Flake, I can recommend Capstan Blue too!

EDIT: Oops, just saw you posted a review on Capstan Blue lol, glad you tried it and loved it!

Coda

One of my top 3 favorite most awesome tobaccos. I've been stocking up on it. And this week I tried Capstan Blue flake for the first time, immediately fell in love. Dunhill Flake now has some competition! Well,not really, cause I'm just going to cellar a ton of both : ) Anyway, since you like Flake, I can recommend Capstan Blue too!

EDIT: Oops, just saw you posted a review on Capstan Blue lol, glad you tried it and loved it!
Capstan Flake is great. Its something i'd like to keep on hand...but Dunhill flake is cheaper...

And this week I tried Capstan Blue flake for the first time, immediately fell in love. Dunhill Flake now has some competition!
i feel ya on that one. capstan has such a nice malty-ness to it. But GAF is so creamy and sweet and i love that fermented smell it has. the first time i smoked it i thought i got a bad tin cause of that preserved smell Coda mentioned

smoked out of my peterson aaron thats a sitter full bent billiard it has no rivals what so ever as far a best pipe\tobacco combo that is available at my household

Artistik

I have never tried Capstan Blue, but Dunhill Flake is in my top 5. I did not bring any on this trip to the Dominican Republic, but I have several tins aging at home. A nce sweet and creamy smoke.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
I find it ... delicious. I blew through the first two tins I had in what seemed like a blink. Mostly I like to buy bulk, because it saves money. But I have more on way. :bing:

I recently purchased and tried Dunhill Flake and SG FVF. I found flakes such as Orlik Golden Slice and PS Luxury Navy Flake to be much better. Comparing OGS and PS LNF to DH Flake and SG FVF, is it the added Perique (or Burley) that makes the difference or is it the casing?

Tony Malerich

I am definitely a big fan of this blend, though it doesn't get smoked as often because of some fine bulk Navy flakes for considerably cheaper. I like to keep a tin around, but I try to stretch it out and enjoy it :D

Side note, a fellow elsewhere was collecting empty tins for his smoke room project. I sent him a half dozen or so tins, including one of these...with a flake left in it! Oops. Well, he enjoyed it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.