• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dunhill group 1 1103 chestnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffstone

So I got my Dunhill group 1 1103 chestnut in today.
Specs are as following:
Cumberland Fishtail Mouthpiece
Overall length 115mm
Bowl height 40mm
Smoking chamber diameter 15mm
Weight in grams 21g

Smoked so sweet on first light and I will mostly dedicate this to my regulars which are mostly frog Morton's and a few dunhills as this will be my going out, shirt pocket pipe. Smoked half a bowl and only relit 3 times and it didn't smoke hot at all as some complain of group 1's. Once I get it figured out I'd say I can get it down to 1 or 2 relights for whole bowl. I really like the size and yes it's smaller than some of the pictures appear and definitely smaller than any pipes I ever see in my local pipe store. But fits the bill for what I wanted well. It did come with an innertube which I have opted to not use as for now

Stewart

Congratulations! I've got a Dunhill group 1 root briar from 1965 that i really enjoy. As you mention, this size is small, but its not tiny or small in a way that makes it unappealing. On the contrary, i find it to be a perfect size for a quick bowl, which is frequently all that i have time for.

I also find these fishtail bits to be among the most comfortable that i have ever experienced.

Enjoy and keep on puffin.

Puffstone

Congratulations! I've got a Dunhill group 1 root briar from 1965 that i really enjoy. As you mention, this size is small, but its not tiny or small in a way that makes it unappealing. On the contrary, i find it to be a perfect size for a quick bowl, which is frequently all that i have time for.

I also find these fishtail bits to be among the most comfortable that i have ever experienced.

Enjoy and keep on puffin.
If every pipe I owned had a bit as comfortable as this one I'd be a lot happier. This dunhill was well worth money spent for now. Once I get it broke in and can push it a little harder il up date, but it seems like its gonna be great.

WrightwoodJohn

Patron
I've got a 66' Shell Billiard that I truly enjoy. Great clencher, comfortable.
That's a real nice Chestnut ya got there Puffstone!

Status
Not open for further replies.