Dunhill MM965. Hey,people! Relax!!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Once,there was a time for people to 'ratchet down'. There was an hour when a man or a woman could pick up their pipe and enjoy. That time is no longer available for the majority of the worlds population. Now,we're living in a haul-ass world. Days start early and end late. For most, there is no time slot for a pipe. This is not only sad, it's tragic.
    I believe pipe smoking should be mandatory for anyone making decisions that effect others. Think about it! It would first be necessary to remove ones head from ones ass to smoke a pipe. With head removed from ass, pipe smoking can commence. Clearer thinking, fresh thoughts and relaxation will follow. The ever elusive solutions to big problems come to mind. Soon, we're living in a better world.
    I got a little wordy getting to this next part. I finally got my hands on some Dunhill MM965. With head removed, I loaded a Ben Wade and fired that big mutha up. I relaxed, relaxed and relaxed some more.
    People, this stuff is good. Fresh thoughts, clearer thinking, problem solving, relaxation and sometimes .......a little bzzzzzz from the N.
    All in fun. Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.
    Note: I'm not telling anyone to smoke. Taking up the pipe is a personal decision. But, I do think it would help some people.

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

here, here, I second the head from the ass removal and then a pipe. We could all benefit from this, either directly or indirectly.

Thanks olbrokedik

J

3. gic

gic Member

"I believe pipe smoking should be mandatory for anyone making decisions that effect others"

Totally agree! Perfect sentence.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

OBD,

Well put. Just think of how the
    world would be if we ALL smoked
    pipes? I believe world peace
    would naturally follow.

dp

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I know this is going to silly, but I do some online gaming and used to get all stressed/upset if I was losing.
    Now I play while smoking a pipe and am all calm, cool, and collected.
    I think it has actually helped me.
    I definitely notice a difference and am more relaxed whenever I smoke a pipe.

6. sorringowl

sorringowl sorringowlandsons.com

As a person who never smoked before taking up pipe smoking, I never got the whole "it relaxes me" thing. I get it now. And I imagine that feeling is even more prevalent for pipe smokers, as pipe tobacco doesn't have all the addictive junk that's in cigs. To me, that's one of the things that separate those two forms of tobacco: smoking cigarettes, imo, is an addiction. People who smoke cigs always seem to "need" to smoke (and usually stick to one brand--kind of like a prescription--I don't include RYO smokers in that category, btw).

Pipe smoking, on the other hand, is a pastime; something you look forward to passing the time with. Something, by it's very nature, you have to take your time with. Because of this, I think, most pipe smokers savor their smoke (while most chain cig smokers, it seems, just always want to get to the next smoke). I don't mean to denigrate cig smokers (as I'm all for everyone following their bliss and if something makes you happy...), I just think it's nice that in a world where everything is go, go, go, we still have a hobby that makes us slow down and enjoy the moment.

"I believe pipe smoking should be mandatory for anyone making decisions that effect others"
    And yes, Olbroke, I second (and third) that sentiment. I know our president has been trying to kick his cigarette habit but I really feel like, a man in his position (with all of his responsibilities and decision making) should really be smoking a pipe (his father actually smoked a pipe). I almost feel like we, as pipe smokers, should send him the gift of a quality pipe and some quality tobacco, almost as a petition to him to take up the hobby! Haha! Not only do I think it would improve his clarity as a leader but how freaking cool would it be to have the president as a fellow brother of the briar?

Anyway, nice observation.

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Oh you mean like the American Indians.......

.....peace pipe.........

8. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

...and you think it's hard to get SG tobaccos NOW? :0laugh:

But seriously I think this is a great idea. People who make big decisions need to stop and smell the latakia.

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Quote:
    "When you pray with this pipe, you pray for everything in the universe, and everything in the universe prays with you."

-Black Elk, Holy Man of the Oglalas.

I've framed this and it hangs on a wall in my smoking room. American Indians knew what was going on. Smoke was sacred to them. It's not, "just" smoke.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Mitakuye oyasin.

11. Stoked

Stoked Member

Obviously I like the words in my signature, and I think they make a powerful statement, akin to what is being said here. They are words from the same man who said this in 1839:

True, This! —
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.

12. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

I actually just had to write a research paper comparing pipe smoking to yoga. They actually have a lot in common when it comes to stress reduction. One study done in Sweden showed that between 2 twins, the pipe smoking twin outlived its non-smoking twin; this was apparently linked to an overall calmer demeaner of the pipe smoking twin.

13. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I guess he discovered the simple truth that one does not smoke a pipe to relax... instead one has to relax in order to smoke a pipe! :bing:

14. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I guess he discovered the simple truth that one does not smoke a pipe to relax... instead one has to relax in order to smoke a pipe! :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.