Dunhill Rainfall

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jamie7, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie7

jamie7 Member

So today I walked into B&M I never go to because the guy is an a hole and way over priced. I look up on the shelf and there I see tons of Dunhill. There is Early Morning Pipe, Royal Yacht, Standard Mixture Mild and Medium, Elizabethan Mixture. I grabbed a tin of EM to try it out. The tin says something like "made in UK under license of Dunhill..." so probably an Orlick production.

Anyway, Eliz is pretty good Virginia with a little perique, ribbon cut or thin shag. It's good tobacco but nothing to write home about IMHO. After reading TR I think the EMP would have been a better purchase for my tastes. Anyway, I was just surprised to see a whole bunch of Dunhill tins at a local B&M. They're priced a couple dollars more than the other B&M prices nearby, but what the hay.

2. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

What was the prices on those tins, if you don't mind? Also, did they have any nightcap?

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

...and do they sell on-line? Would love to get s'more EMP & Nightcap!

4. NDLanoue

NDLanoue Member

Count me in, as well.

Looks like someone might be going back? https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puffy.gif

5. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

Well.. I'm not really ever going to make a big fuss about Dunhill just because it's Dunhill. I have to like it and that's what is most important, but nightcap sounds right up my alley so I'm intrigued. I do know that I won't be paying eBay prices for any of those tins though!

P.S.... 800th post! Whoa!

6. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

ME TOO.....still looking for an good EMP replacement. I would definatley pick some up if possible.

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

Have you tried McClelland’s AMP - A.M.PIPE this is their interpretation of EMP.

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

How much he asking for them, J?

9. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

not yet, but will add it to the list. Thanks

10. jamie7

jamie7 Member

Hey Guys,

I paid 29.95 plus tax - about 32 bucks. They just had the ones I listed in my post. I can see if they have a website or do online/phone orders. I pass by tomorrow so I can stop in and see. Damn, I may have to buy something while I'm there.

I'll update the info for you guys some time tomorrow. Don't worry - it's not the kind of place that's gonna have a rush in one day.

BTW normal price for 50g tins around here is about $25 - $28, so $32 isn't a big gouge. I have a place I go on the native reserve where tins run $16 - $ 22 because there is no tax - but also no Dunhill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.