1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dunhills

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PipeMeister, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I find the one Dunhill I have sits in it's box and only comes out for the rare nexus of: at home/special occasion/craving a light to medium English blend. I love the idea of owning a Dunhill pipe, but for all practical purposes my pipe use borders on abuse too often so I have resigned myself to new cobs and estate african meers for the near future. The beauty of this hobby is that there is really no wrong way to pursue one's passion.

2. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Good point, having expensive pipes for use only on rare occasions seems superflous. I hope I don't fall into that slippery slope. I would hope to use them in my regular rotation without any guilty feelings.

Only time will tell I guess! :cool:

PipeMeister

3. telltime

telltime Active Member

As long as it's being enjoyed, it shouldn't matter how...

We all have opinions on how one should enjoy their pipes, but as some people's collections involve over 500 pipes, we know they aren't smoking them often. But they, nor anyone else, should be judged on how they pursue this hobby. I'm just happy to be part of the same hobby with them and will celebrate it my way.

I have eight Dunhills. They were my Grandfather's pipes. I smoke them occasionally,and enjoy them but I also enjoy my Sas (BST), my Bear's Den, a couple of cobs, and several other pipes (Petes, Chacom, Savs, Larsons, and several no names). Enjoy whatever you have lit and when it's that Dunhill, enjoy it as well. Like any other pipe that is "resting," it still satisfies knowing it's to be enjoyed again soon, and for its simple beauty.

Best,
    Devin

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hope you'll enjoy your first Dunhill! They're great smokes! I have seven of them, and they do hold their value as well!
    So should you ever fall on hard times (God forbid!) you could sell them! Hope you'll never have to!

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Damn man .. smoke some crack and go for another haul ... you'll come down sooner or later . Afterwards , the wife may want a new car . Take it easy and see how many cool old kaywoodies you can bag for what youd spend on one new Dunhill . On second thought ... dont ... there wont be any cool old kaywoodies left . Matter of fact , just so you know , Old Kaywoodies suck ... so .. ah .. go buy more dunhills for sure . Honestly , if your wife dosent know what you pay for them , and you kick it before her , which happens to us guys cause they drive us nuts to the death , then they'll end up in a garage sale where strongirish will bag them for 5 bucks each .... He says he finds them cheap at places like antique shops but theres a rumor that he scans the web looking for Dunhill addicts ... be carefull . People will go all out for a 5 dollar dunhill . You might be safer w/ an Italian brand :whistle:

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

I'm about to get another Dunhill off ebay... hope, I'll win this one...got outbid on the last three I wanted:mad:!!!!!

7. ichabod

ichabod Member

PipeMeister, can we see some photos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.