Eagerly anticipating the brown truck

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I thought 2011 would be more PAD than TAD, but PSF has continued to be an influence and worry about taxes has caused an itchy mousetrigger finger. I'm pumped about the incoming shipments this week. They are either new blends never tried or difficult to find familiar blends.

Dan Hamborger Veermaster- l lb (Thanks Andy for the tip!)
    Mac Baren Golden Extra- 100g
    Wessex Burley Slice- 50g
    Carter Hall- 2oz
    Cornell & Diehl Burley Flake #2- 2oz
    Solani 656 Aged Burley Flake- 50g x 2
    McClelland Easter Carolina Ribbon- 2oz (Thanks Gerry)
    Esoterica Stonehaven- 1 lb

I'm going to have to look for some new tobacco jars at this rate.

2. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

It's just like Christmas, all year long. The boxes don't even have to be gift wrapped. It's good to be excited about something.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Looks like a sweet haul Brad! Should the Stonehave be more than you can handle let me know, I'll gladly dispose of it properly :groucho:

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Cool man , I've had all butt two of those blends and they're all killer ! Curious about the Carolina Ribbon .... is it killer ?

5. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

What dark corner of the internet did you find the Stonehaven in?

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

And rightly so! A pound of StoneHaven and another of Hamborger Veermeister should do it alone or either of the two singularly! But all the rest is icing ovet that fat cake of pounds inbound! Congratz!

Cellar wide
    Cellar deep
    Cellar Now!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

I'm awaiting Brown too..........2lbs of C&D #414 Oriental Silk and a pound of C&D Night Train.

7. BradNTX

The Carolina ribbon is a bright Virginia I ordered at the advice for Gerry to blend with some other tobaccos I have. McC Blackwoods Flake is too catsupy for me, so I mixed it with white burley and a little perique. It was pretty good, but the perique was too strong still and there were not sweet notes. Gerry suggested cutting in some bright Virginia, so got a couple ounces of McC Carolina Ribbon. I'll report on how it smokes soon.

8. BradNTX

I searched all over the internet and couldn't find it. I ended up ordering it from a B&M that has got some other hard to find stuff for me. It was a little more expensive than internet pricing, but after reading what everyone says about it, I pulled the trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.