Early morning pleasure!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Old Ted, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

The postie knocked early today - 7-15am!, I had just finished my cornflakes and coffee and thinking about filling the mornings first bowl. Surprised to find on opening the box - a nice neat 'brick'!, it was the C&D 'Night Train' that I gambled on ordering a week ago, after reading a few revues.
    Without more ado - I followed my usual practice with plug and pressed tobacco, and with my sharp pocket knife took a few slivers off the corners of the slab - very easily, I would add, and without rubbing filled my 'workhorse' 1/2 bent Bakki meer. As I type - I'm 3/4 down the bowl and first impressions are very favourable indeed! - it's nice smooth, tasty stuff!, and the nicotine content can certainly be felt. One light (with a Swan Vesta) was all that was required, and the pipe remains very cool and apparently dry, I usually take a day or two to evaluate something new, but this one is very promising.
    Cheers, OT

2. snowman

snowman Member

Sounds good, Ted. Nice way to start the week off, Enjoy your day.

Alan.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

C&D Night Train is one of the lil secrets not many venture into but once they do, they usually get more! Did you get the "Pound" block? Great price at SP btw if yer' lookin'. I find it quite a nice flavor rich but strong (nic) toby.
    :wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Yep!....pound block with a groove down the middle - so it can be halved and quartered to fit my jar!....3-30pm here - and I can't leave the stuff alone! LOL.....even if the wife says it looks gross!:byg:

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

What a nice surprise!:)

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.......SP??....don't know who he is! - I'm afraid there is only one place that it is viable for me to deal with over there! (it ain't SP!) but I'm very happy with my supplier!;)
    OT

7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Isn't mail order a wonderful thing. :bing:

8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.......especially when the mail is left alone!;)

9. Puff The Magic

SmokingPipes. 4-Noggins should also have it I believe. I really like compressed crumble cake (3C's, eat y'er heart out Pete with y'er 3P's! ) ;) I like 'em both for sure but prefer Night Train over 3P. I'm becoming a Lat-hound-ish :D

Ed
    Puff

10. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

OK....this is my first taste of C&D stuff, and I'm impressed! - are they all good?.....the clipper ship won't be bringing any more over for a month or so but I'd like to get one or two of their similar offerings to try - as well as the 'Train', any suggestions?......BTW how is it pronounced - Cornell & Dee..ell or Dial, Deell? (yea I know it's hard - in writing!)
    OT :bing:

11. Marc

Marc Active Member

Deel is how I pronounce it.

12. Albert

Albert Active Member

You got it mark, I knew folks with that last name and thats how they said it.

13. Marc

Marc Active Member

When I first met Craig and Patty Tarler, that's how they pronounced it when asked.:)

14. Zfog

Zfog Member

I haven't tried this blend yet, but it was on my list! Now it just got bumped up a few spots for sure. I am glad you are enjoying it so much.

15. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

I like sunday picnic by C&D. no nicotine to speak of. On the other hand I also have some "Big n'Burley" by them that is pretty intense and I reserve for days when i need to a) be knocked out by nic, and b) have a stout dark roast or espresso to drink with it.

The picnic is a VaPer and the big n burley is a spicey burley-based with all kinds of oriental overtones.

16. Puff The Magic

Haunted Bookshop, Three Friars & Old Joe Krantz: Wonderful burley blends and mild-moderate on the nic.

Vintage Burley Flake #1,2,3,4: Great "Burley Series" something for everyone, but watch the nic!

Pirate Kake: Night Train's bigger brawnier brother

414 Oriental Silk: If you like orientals........... (Va-Per-Turk)

525 Red Va Cav: A very nice Va-Cav

968 Red Odessa: A very nice English

Autumn Evening: One of the few aros I'll smoke/buy, maple goodness, wonderful fall season smoke

Briar Fox: Va Crumble Cake bliss

Opening Night: Va Flake C&D style

Sunday Picnic: Nice tastee Va-Per-Turk

Oh and, I pronounce it "C and D" :P

I have cellar'd and smoked all of the above with at least 2-3 oz down on all of the above. I feel comfortable about recommending all of the above. YMMV of course.

If you'd like to sample some of the above, I'd be more than happy to trade some witchya! :)

Ed
    Puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.