1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

eBay comeback

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Hudson, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hudson

Hudson Member

It's been a rough coupla weeks. Hasn't seemed like I could bid anything right. I'm either startin' too high with no room for a kick at the finish or I'm mopin' along left holdin' the bag when the big boys roll in.

Well, today, this player's back in the game. Ogle me this little beauty and tell me I am not fleet of mouse nor keen of eye.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27102240986...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1184

Spillproof likes this.

2. Professor

Professor Active Member

Was it you who won this beauty with just 4 seconds in the auction to spare? :)

3. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Member

"Fleet of mouse"? I have no idea what that term means, that's a new one for me.

4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I was looking at that pipe as well, didn't bid, as I have a lot of money tied up in other auctions, but I would of otherwise! Congrats on your new girl! Hope she smokes well.

5. furious

furious Junque collector

Excellent work!!

6. Hudson

Hudson Member

Means I'm quick with the clicker.

Professor likes this.
  7. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Sweeeeeet

8. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Great buy! You do know that the Prominence is a Ben Wade pipe made in the Preben Holm shops, and that's a great price. I have one in a brandy shape that I bought new in 1979, so I'm sure yours dates from the same period. Congrats!

9. Hudson

Hudson Member

There's no mention of Ben Wade or Preben Holm in the listing which no doubt contributed to the lack of competition. I need to do some research; there must be some info on those pipes in the Prominence line that don't bear the Ben Wade brand. I'm delighted with the price. I was prepared to go higher but I'm glad it stopped where it did. I knew it had a good pedigree but it was the design that really captured me. I have seen a bunch in this line but none that appealed to me so strongly. Thanks for the info.

10. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Very interesting shank/stem setup there. Lovely looking pipe. I hope it smokes well for you!

11. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Here's mine, same shank / stem set-up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yours has the BW crown on the shank, like mine. Unfortunately, a heavy handed tobacconist buffed my crown nearly away...

Hudson likes this.
  12. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Ebay/pipe/snipe/win just warms the soul... (Nice Pipe!)

13. Hudson

Hudson Member

Zowie, that's a nice one, too. Interesting that the shank/stem detail is consistent and the bowls vary. I can hardly wait to clean her up and put her to work.

14. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

From what I can gather, the Prominence line was introduced by Preben Holm to apply freehand methods to traditional shapes. I sure like 'em...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.