Edgeworth Sliced...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AK Kilted Guy, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

My wife ran across a box the other day that contained a large Edgeworth Sliced Tobacco tin. There is tobacco in it. I am wondering if there is a way to salvage this tobacco.

The tin was not sealed, and by no means air tight. The tobacco has a pleasant smell, but seems dry. Could I put this in a jar with and re-moisten it? I'd like to be able to smoke it.

2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Not sure if it would be true to taste after the years... But I usually put dry tobacco in a bowl with a wide opening. Cover the opening with a paper towel dampened with distilled water. Never have bad results.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Couldnt hurt to try ! Go for it ... or send it my way and I'll grind it to dust ... add it to a solution and inject it in my jugular :)

4. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

This tobacco is what a close family friend always smoked at the family fishing lodge. She also has tons of empty tins that she collected over the years.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It was a stellar blend . It's about all i smoked for years . I was lucky enough to score some [rr] from Moo awhile back .... I horde it .... it's the only blend I wont share ... mine . I was a ready rubbed smoker though the sliced was awesome . I sure would try to rehumidify it .... good luck . Let us know how it turns out

6. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

I have a tin of the slices I bought back in 2002. I never tried it. Now I don't know if I want to because I'll be sad if I love it.

7. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

It certainly isn't getting better. Suck the stuff down or send it to me c/o the Mothership. For the good of all.

8. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Well, I think I am going to see about getting some moisture in it one of these days and see what happens. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Mostly burley - time is the enemy, relatively speaking, especially if seals are already cracked. My methodology includes a well wrung out multi-folded towel over a small bowl for 12-48 hours. If you overshoot, remove the towel for a few hours; tried everything - this is it.

[​IMG]

10. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

+1 on the bovine method.

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

If you got it from the old fishing lodge, be a little careful. I used to use old tins to carry a few worms in peat and coffee grounds when we went out for the day. I doubt adding moisture would help that smoke any better.

As long as you're sure it is tobacco, freshen it up and give it a try.
    Dan

AK Kilted Guy and Mister Moo like this.
  12. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Yep, it is tobacco. They only used flies and lures out there. :D

Mr Moo, thanks for the pointer, that looks like a winner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.