Edgeworth Sliced

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AK Kilted Guy, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

You lucky s.o.b. . :drly:

2. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Well, after a day, the paper towel is dry, the tobacco is a bit moister than it was, but needs more moisture. I'd rather it start a little moist, then dry it a bit before I smoke it.

3. ruffinogold

I have a humidor that I call my " nuke " . 1 day in it and it's good to go . Just sayin :rolleyes: :)

4. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Well, I took a bit that I rehydrated and have it rubbed out a bit and a drying. Gonna put this in my Pete and fire it up in just a bit.

dwaugh and Mington like this.
  5. ruffinogold

Go for it !!!!!

6. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Well, I waited a bit before I smoked it. My wife is out of town, and my mother in law invited me over for dinner. She was friends with the gentleman who bought this tobacco years ago. Along with a couple other family friends we sat and had a great meal of black cod, cole slaw, roasted zuchinni, and potato salad. We had good conversation. After the guests had left, I loaded up the Edgeworth that I had rehydrated and then rubbed out into my Pete. I went out on the deck and lit it up. Mmmm. Tasty stuff. I wish I had all the fancy descriptions that some of you all use, but it was good. My mother in law said "yep, smells just like I remember it." We talked about Ole (who's tobacco I was smoking) and the fishing lodge and all kinds of good stuff.

Anyhow, it was a good night. I plan on firing up some more with the wife to see what memories it sparks up for her.

Also, I need to find something that is similar. The family seems to like it, so I would like to have something like it around. Ideas?

7. ruffinogold

Thats awesome ! A smoking time warp :th1:

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Awesome story! I love things like that!

As for a replacement, I would check out altadis Edgeworth Ready Rubbed match. I wouldbe interested to see how good of a match it is, I hear it's a good tobacco,

9. ruffinogold

I didnt know Altadis had a match for it ! I have to give Altadis credit , their match blends have been really good [ CD Blend , R blend , Mans best Friend , BRG etc .. ]

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Wait, wht are they matched for? Mana best friend is good...I didn't now it was a copy.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The Edgeworth match is a really fantastic match! I really enjoy it, but having never smoked Edgeworth I can't compare it to the original. I would compare it more to Wessex Burley Broadcut, with a touch more cocoa and absolutely no tongue bite.

Man's Best Friend is great, too, and it's a match for Barking Dog, apparently, another blend I haven't had. The R-Blend is fantastic, and supposed to replicate Revelation. Great Outdoors is their answer to Field and Stream, and French Quarter is their version of Bourbon Street if I'm not mistaken. All great tobaccos judged on their own merits, but I haven't had any of the originals.

12. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Looking around the internet for a bit, I found someone saying that Solani Aged Burley Flake is pretty close.

13. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Oh, and Ole, the gentleman who's tobacco I've inherited, died in 1984. My father in law put a pipe, a tin of Edgeworth, and a bottle of whisky in his coffin with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.