1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Ehrlich unsmoked....so far

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by capt dave, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt dave

capt dave Member

hey everyone, tomorrow i am getting in the mail ( drum roll ) my new ebay score 23.00 unsmoked Ehrlich. it is very nondescriptt, but after reading up on the ehrlich co. i wonder should i smoke it or just let it sit unused? it seems to be a peice of americana. not sure if i want to put flame to it. any suggestions?

2. Tate

Tate Member

Smoke it like an American.

capt dave likes this.
  3. capt dave

capt dave Member

someone has to deflower her:whis:

4. capt dave

capt dave Member

how many pipes in a respectable rotation? this will make four for me, five if the person on the west coast ever sends me the other ebay win. also i work off shore leaving end of month, how many of my loves should i take with, i've been taking cobs so far. should i leave the good ones at home and always travel with cobs? not that cobs are not good ones, you now what i mean.

5. Tate

Tate Member

Your rotation depends on how many bowls you smoke a day and what you smoke in them. If you're smoking something like a lakeland blend you'll probably want a dedicated pipe for it. You might also want to dedicate pipes to Va/Vapers, Lats, and Aros so as to avoid the ghost flavors. If you smoke mainly one type of tobacco then that isn't as big an issue. Personally I prefer at least 7 pipes. One for each day of the week. I also keep another three on hand for dedicated blends. Outside of that I keep cobs since they're cheap.

If you're taking your pipes with you for work, I'd bring one for each day. Cobs fill in the gaps admirably. If you're smoking a lot of cob pipes, you can dress them up with better stems. Forever stems are nice or a custom cob pipe with a vulcanite stem can make them a lot more comfy in the teeth.

If you invest in nicer pipes, spend a few bucks and pick up a quality pipe bag or turn a bag into a pipe bag. Wickerman has a pretty nice one that he carries four pipes in (look for his photos). I have two leather cases. One carries two pipes and the other carries four.

Most of what I smoke is pretty dry, so I can get away with four or five bowls a day in one pipe. If you're a wet smoker you might want to have more pipes. Hope that helps.

6. capt dave

capt dave Member

yeah thats what i was going for. i smoke mainly PS LNF. PS LTF, SG choco. flake, no areos cept frog morton cellar (which i just tonight classed as an aero) and my all time stand by SG squadron leader

7. capt dave

capt dave Member

i am infact not getting this today because it is president's day...yea...

8. capt dave

capt dave Member

got it. somebody tell me how to post pics any i'll put it on here. two days till its turn.

9. JHeiliger

JHeiliger Member

Hey Dave,

A friend gave me an unsmoked Ehrlich from the mid-sixties... this was a couple months ago. It is a straight billiard shape, and I chose to smoke it. I'm so glad I did!

That thing smokes FANTASTIC! It's one of my favorite pipes.

I also recently added an Ehrlich Straight Grain to my rotation because the first one didn't disappoint. This one is a straight pot, and holds a bit more tobacco. Also a GREAT smoker, and a beautiful pipe!!

Cheers!
    Joe

capt dave likes this.
  10. capt dave

capt dave Member

Yes I have been smoking this for a few months now, it holds more tobacco than anything else I own. Very good smoker. I would buy more if I run across them. Must have two hours to smoke though.

11. JHeiliger

JHeiliger Member

Show me a pic! I'll take one of both mine tomorrow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.