Ennerdale Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by dmkerr, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Just opened my cellared 500 grams of this, as my last batch had run out. Now, I don't smoke this all that much. I do enjoy it but it's a bit overpowering to smoke often. However, this latest batch is much more subtly "enhanced" and it is freakin' amazing! It's about 1/3 as scented/flavored. I wonder if this was a mistake or if they've changed it. This is one I could smoke early and often!

The best "review" I can give about a tobacco is if I want to fire up another bowl after finishing one. With this one, the answer is a resounding affirmative. Hope the next batch is this good.

Lithua pipe, YAPPG, psquared and 2 others like this.

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

It's a bit much for me, even if they did turn the volume down a bit, I'd still be hesitant.

YAPPG and dwaugh like this.
  3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

My first 500g tasted like that, slightly enhanced. The latest one tastes over-the-top like juicy fruit. I thought it was just my fickle palate. Maybe they aren't entirely consistent in their application of the sauce, though.

Lithua pipe and YAPPG like this.
  4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

On second thought, how long have you had that stashed away?

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I got a sample of this from WVDave and actually rather liked it. Bosun Cut Plug scared me away from Lakelands for a while and I've been hesitant to revisit, but this was nice. I'm due for a second bowl to re-evaluate

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Funny, I just broke some of that out last night. I had a tin of it once, and that was full-bore. Since then I've just had bulk, and that's seemed a little less intense, although we're still talking Ennerdale here. I really like it... occasionally. For some reason I always gravitate toward it when I have a cold and I'm stuffed up.

jpberg and Lithua pipe like this.
  7. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Member

Probably one of my favourite lakelands. I do wonder if they've toned it down after some feedback. The Grasmere flake I bought recently was way too strong in it's floral flavours and definitely needs a tune down. It was so strong I ended up putting a good portion of the packet into my scragends jar where it now resides with a dash of aged Condor Long Cut and some Gold Block I got bored with.

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

About a year. Gonna fire some up this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.