Ennerdale...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by CMAsailor, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

just popped the new tin and it smells like my great grandmother... not what I was expecting in the least... wonder if that's the "soap" flavor claimed by so many... never had it before, hell, never had a "lakeland" before. trying to muster the courage to try a flake in one of my cobbs... any pairing suggestions out there?

2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

It ghosts pipes real bad. Smoke it in a cob. If you really like it you'll probably want to dedicate a pipe just for it, or just for Lakelands at the least.

3. Zfog

Zfog Member

Definitely requires a dedicated pipe, Ennerdale is a superb smoke. That smell more or less goes away after the first few puffs.

4. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

well I had half a flake and the smoking experience was fine, smooth, different but good in a weird way. finished the bowl.
    then the aftertaste kicked in and I CANT GET RID OF IT, blegh. wonder what i'm gonna do about this stuff.

maybe mixing it with something will help. it smoked great but I cant get over the aftertaste.

5. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I've smoked G&H and SG flakes since Victoria passed away! - they are my OTC's....but Ennerdale (foul stuff) should have been interned with her! :puke:

6. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I open the lid every couple of days to give it a whiff and that's about as far as I get. When I do smoke it I smoke it in a tiny clay Elizabethan pipe. I can't do a big bowl of it. To me it's more floral/incense-like rather than "soapy".

I'll stick with their Best Brown and Louisiana Flakes.

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

:eek:

Eeeww!

I thought the same for Celtic Talisman. It smoked OK, but it had a soapy, flowery aftertaste that felt kind of waxy for hours. Had to send it to Ruffino, who seems to love it. :beck:

8. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I really like this one. The first time I tried it, I loaded my aro up--it's my largest pipe and the smoke was going on 2.5 hours when I had to tap-out. I like to play with the Ghost of Ennerdale Past by smoking some stout Latakia blends in the ol'Ennerdale pipe.

T-Bear once recommend to me a 50/50 mix of Ennerdale and McC 5100--I haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd pass it along.

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I clicked on this thread expecting to nod along with all the cries of "excellent" and "fabulous," and instead I see malicious slanders and absurd calumnies. That's my girlfriend you're talking about, you bazz-fazzin' fleeblejabbers!

Ah well, no accounting for (lack of) taste, I guess. Those of you who have been disgusted by the violets-and-lavender scents that are present in a freshly opened tin might actually find yourself liking the bulk stuff better, as the florals are then not present. Bulk Ennerdale is Condor Lite, only without the unwashed hobo's cigar-butt finish. Erinmore lives somewhere in the same neighborhood as well.

Anytime you see me with a pipe, not that you can see me from where you are, chances are 4 out of 5 that it's Ennerdale I'm smoking. It's how I maintain my equanimity. If I were smoking it right now, I would have been far too calm to say anything so rude as "fleeblejabbers."

HazyDat620 and Kiowapipe like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Oh, I like it. Not every day but it is great for times I want something different.

11. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

:xd:
    I'm looking forward to trying it.

12. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

It must be kept in mind that I also like 1792, Braunschweiger, Parodi cigars, Limburger, and bus fumes. It may be that my sense of taste is eclectic esoteric messed up, man.

PM me an address and I'll get some to you. I promise it won't ghost your pipe; the bulk doesn't do that. It's just Virginia Flake with Juicyfruit, and who wouldn't want to smoke Juicyfruit? Speaking of which, I'd really like to smoke some Beeman's...

13. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Appreciate the offer, but as a matter of fact I just arranged to get some in a trade with somebody else. I'll let you know what I think! :)

14. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....me - for sure!!:eek:

15. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I thought you were a Condor kind of guy. It's even more juicyfruity than Ennerdale. ;)

16. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Nah!...it's flowers and soap baccy over here!:byg:

17. Zfog

Zfog Member

I think beemans is awefully nasty stuff, but I love Condor and Ennerdale for sure along with any of the scented GH's.
    When I first smoked some DFU Unscented it was too much for me to take, event if it was supposedly unscented. Now I pick up just pure toby in the DFU Unscented and I love all that is Lakeland. Almost a once a day smoke!

18. user2453

user2453 Member

A Virginia flake, I am interested. Thanks for the offer. My shipping address
    Matt Schuster
    8673 SW Wakkila ter
    Beaverton or 97007

19. Greatwall

Greatwall Member

Now you have made me want to try this myself. I would be interested in trying something others don't care for so I can judge for myself.

20. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Sorry its been long traded off now, and usually its not the best of ideas to post you address so publicly. A personal message is much safer for future referance, of coarse, Cheers Mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.