Erinmore?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user3610, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Kerr , your ma washed yer mouth out w/ Ivory soap ... it dosent have alot of Lakeland taste ... it's a ' straight " soap taste . The Lakeland is that flower soap stuff . Anyway , thought I'd clear that up ! :)
    I'll never get the taste of it , so no worries .... I wont deplete any of the current inventory :th1:

dmkerr and SouthBound like this.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

She used Camay soap - and that's why I can't smoke Comoy pipes! :D

Thanks for sitting this out. The tens of people that love lakeland blends all thank you. :ohyh:

SouthBound and Ol Brokedik like this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I liked that pink soap that they used to wash my mouth out with in kindergarden. ;)

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

"Take thy Flake from out my heart, and take thy Mixture from my door,
    Quoth the raven 'Erinmore'"

Erinmore... it'll drive ya crazy!

RTOdhner and PipeWife like this.
  5. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I like the Flake, didn't care for the mixture.

6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I smoked some Erinmore Flake this evening. Im turning my MM Legend into an Erinmore pipe. It tends to ghost a bit, but thats no problem. I find that two flakes is just a tad too much, but I can work with it. Its a marathon smoker...I could probably get 1.5-2 hours out of 2 flakes. I havnt tried the Mixture, but I wouldnt think it would be the same. The Mixture has cavandish in it, while the Flake is virginia and burley...

Mister Moo likes this.
  7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Erinmore is one of my favorites. One flake, properly rubbed, is just enough to fill the Standard Apple bowl that I have for the Falcon. I just love the stuff, and it's inexpensive enough to be an everyday smoke. I just bought six tins, and plan on cellaring the heck out of it. It has just enough Kendal-type sauce to make it interesting, but not enough to over-power the underlying Burley and Virginia leaf. Decent amount of Vitamin N, too. There are much better flake blends out there, but few of them are anything that I'd want to smoke everyday - even if I could afford to do so.

However, Erinmore is different. Just like good old SWR, it offers nothing more than just a pleasant smoke -which I all I really want anyway. Looks like Erinmore and Sir Walter Raleigh have turned into my two favorite all day blends, and I keep both in my smoking kit. (Both are priced about the same, BTW).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.