escudo

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ryan65, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan65

ryan65 Member

well i have been slowly diggin into the tin i got from the box pass (thanks again tbear :thumbsu: ) and i'm really starting to love it, i'm pretty much over the SG va's and like this better than st.james, and it seems to be easy enough to get so i'm glad i discovered it. What i love the most about this stuff is how easy it is to pack! the medallions only need to be formed into a ball and stuffed in my pipes and will smoke with no problems. its got plenty of good reviews at TR.com and highly recommend this VaPer. delicious! :jig:

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Escudo?!?!?! easy enough to get?!?!?! :xd:

Only easy when it around.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Yeah, it's only slightly easier to find then SG products.

4. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Well, it was easy for him. It came in a box. :D

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

"Delivered" ya might say..............

:groucho:

I like Escudo as a great luxury VaPer and keep it on hand and at the ready. Another flake that works so well "stuffed" into the bowl and set afire or rubbed/balled/or anyway you wish. Gives YOU the options, especially if it's a bit breezy/windy. Enjoy that weed!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. ryan65

ryan65 Member

are you serious??? i have seen it available for quite a few years on the web- maybe you need to bust out the bifocals and actually look? :whistle:

7. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

If you're having problems locating Escudo, look into Stokkebyes Luxury Bullseye Flake...damned close!!

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

:roflmao: I heard that.

It is true that Escudo is around (now) but our brothers refer to the last two years when it all but vanished from shelves. There was talk that it would be discontinued along with Dunhill brands which, you must have heard, got gone and stayed gone for the past couple of years. Suffice to say many of us had a bad case of Escudo panic.

If you like Escudo, knuckle under and get a tin of Reiner Long Golden Flake #71. You will not regret it.

9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I'm no expert in va/per tastes, but these two are very, very close to me. Maybe those with a more refined palate can tell, but I can't.

10. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

:lol: So...that was the problem. Well hell, wish I'd known this a few years ago.

That explains me but what about everyone else? Surely everyone can't be as blind as you think I am.

11. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Escudo right now is available most anywhere, but it is like any import blend and sometimes disappears and is hard to get. This is why I stock up when it's in stock. I think the import blends are going ot be harder and harder to get especially with the FDA starting to get active in tobacco regulations now.

12. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

I have a tin 1/3rd of the way finished I got when I first started out a few months ago. I didn't really care for having a spicy taste in my tobacco so I put the rest in a jar after smoking it for a few days and haven't tried it or any perique since then. Maybe I'll dig the jar out and give it another chance today.

13. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Escudo was one of the first pipe tobaccos I smoked and it really got me excited about pipes (and pipes vs. cigars). The enjoyment of this brand has never worn thin. Thinking back, and referring to stongirish's remarks above, I feel like I did the right thing buying as much as I could at local JRCigar stores over the past several years. I was 70-80 tins ahead before Escudo got scarce a couple of years ago even though those tins were a bit pricey off the shelf at $6.25 (along with the practically non-existant NC sales tax on tobacco).

So, what they hey? It isn't getting worse in the tin and it isn't getting cheaper on the shelf at JR's ($8.75 now). Glad I bought a mess of Dunhill at $4.95, too. So, buy what you like and, ideally, what everyone else likes too. Buy it right and fergettabowdit. It's all doing better than my KrispyKreme stock. And it's keeping better, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.