Esoterica Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonewall

HERE
Since I truly love Virginia's, and flakes/broken flake cuts, and I kinda like that licorice, I've been thinking very seriously of adding this blend to my cellar.

I've read a many review on the blend, and most seem consistent in their particular thoughts and opinions on it. So I go to those I trust to ask, what do those who've tried it, think of it?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Tate

HERE
I have only smoked two bowls of it that I got in a trade, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. Mine was sort of crumbly or almost granulated feel to it so I had to smoke it slow because it was burning my tongue and embers could make it through the airway. But the flavor was quite interesting.

Stonewall

HERE
I was interested in it last year but dismissed the idea of actually buying any. I really enjoy Esoterica blends and have been wondering about this one. I went ahead and ordered a pound from SP.com. For the price it's hard to pass up. I'm looking forward to some feedback here to determine how consistent peoples tastes here are regarding it.

Stonewall

HERE
It may be sacrilegious to say so but I like it better than Stonehaven. I don't get any licorice flavoring though.
I don't think so, Mike. I mean Stonehaven is good tobacco, but I've smoked others that were just as good or on par with it. I'm looking forward to trying this stuff. I remember Russ thinking so highly of it.

Fbones24

HERE
I think I may have sampled every Esoterica blend. I was on a mission a few months back. I liked Blackpool but did not love it. There was just something missing with it. Now Woodbridge on the other hand I loved. This is just my opinion and from everything I read, people prefer Blackpool to Woodbridge.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
HERE
I like it and have a bunch of it somewhere, but I don't smoke it all that often and even pawn it off on the elderly from time to time.

Agreed with Mike; I don't taste licorice through the pipe. And if anyone would, it'd be me (I don't like black licorice, at all). To me it's more of a smokey/fruity/sweet/darkness.

How's that for vague and subjective?

WrightwoodJohn

Site Supporter
No Ads Upgrade
HERE
I like it and have a bunch of it somewhere, but I don't smoke it all the often and even pawn it off on the young at heart from time to time.

Agreed with Mike; I don't taste licorice through the pipe. And if anyone would, it'd be me (I don't like black licorice, at all).
To me it's more of a smokey/fruity/sweet/darkness.

How's that for vague and subjective?

Tate

HERE
Some people have noted that it tastes a lot like a very rich black tea and I agree the flavor profile is similar.

Tony Malerich

HERE
Fbones24 said:
I think I may have sampled every Esoterica blend. I was on a mission a few months back. I liked Blackpool but did not love it. There was just something missing with it. Now Woodbridge on the other hand I loved. This is just my opinion and from everything I read, people prefer Blackpool to Woodbridge.
I got my sample from this fine gent, and my feelings were very much the same. I had a bowl quite recently and just confirmed that I like it, but don't love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.