Esoterica's Margate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i saw this blend at a estounding price up here in Canada i dont even want to mention the price. But for the price that i saw i told my self that this should be a badass smoke lol

what do you guys think about this blend, read that its packaged in the ish Isles.

Mington

See if someone can send you a free sample here (or possibly trade you a tin) before you take the plunge and spend any $. IMHO

WrightwoodJohn

I've got an unopened tin of Esoterica ASTB (and so to bed)....haven't dipped in yet but looking forward to it. My first venture into said blend.:bing:

Arkie

My absolute fav blend is Pembroke which (according to the blending houses' web page) is actually Margate with a splash of cognac. Toward the bottom of the tin, the cognac has evaporated without leaving much of a trace of its presence but it is still a great smoke.

My absolute fav blend is Pembroke which (according to the blending houses' web page) is actually Margate with a splash of cognac. Toward the bottom of the tin, the cognac has evaporated without leaving much of a trace of its presence but it is still a great smoke.
nice must be another expensive blend up here, ill look it up.

Capt

I've got an unopened tin of Esoterica ASTB (and so to bed)....haven't dipped in yet but looking forward to it. My first venture into said blend.:bing:
I hope you like it more than I did. When I opened my tin, it smelled like sour milk. Fortunately, it didn't transfer over to the smoke.

nesta

I'm not sure if I prefer And So To Bed or Margate. Penzance is a richer, fuller, and more complex smoke than either, but I find both ASTB and Margate to be elegant blends in their own right. Being strictly oriental and latakia, Margate is the richer of the two. Be that as it may, I really like the flavor of both of them and find the fine ribbon cut extremely appealing, and actually something I value greatly and feel it is an advantage over Penzance. Very easy to back, and absolutely no burn problems whatsoever.

I'm not sure if I prefer And So To Bed or Margate. Penzance is a richer, fuller, and more complex smoke than either, but I find both ASTB and Margate to be elegant blends in their own right. Being strictly oriental and latakia, Margate is the richer of the two. Be that as it may, I really like the flavor of both of them and find the fine ribbon cut extremely appealing, and actually something I value greatly and feel it is an advantage over Penzance. Very easy to back, and absolutely no burn problems whatsoever.
Oh sure thats not what you told me
https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/margate.13694/ :ohyh:

Status
Not open for further replies.