• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Estate Pipe cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxPipesmoker

Just wondering how many of you guys leave the cake in the bowl that your estate pipe comes with? I'm all for cleaning the pipe, but how many ream the cake out?

Ol Brokedik

For me it depends on the smell and the inside diameter of the bowl. Some blends I just can't do, so the first thing I do is ream it with my pipe tool. If your o.k. with the smell of the bowl leave it alone. If I can't get my little finger down the bowl, it's time for me to ream it.

Ol Brokedik.

Ive only gotten one estate pipe, and the cake was over 1/4th inch thick and very uneven. I had my friendly pipe store guy ream it out and he threw in a sample of Orlik Golden Sliced, which I enjoyed immensely. I smoked out of said estate pipe for the first time today and it is much larger than I am used to, but very nice.

My only issue with heavy cake / 'dirty' pipes is not knowing their history and what has been inside the bowl as they have sat for an unknown period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.