• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Estate Ser Jacopo

Status
Not open for further replies.

raf66

Evening all. I've had my eye on an estate Ser Jacopo over at my local b&w for awhile now but it's always been a might out of my price range. Well, this evening I thought I'd ask the owner if she would take in 2 or 3 of my pipes which are not currently in the rotation as a trade toward the SJ and low and behold she said she'd do an even swap. I am now the proud owner of this beautiful Ser Jacopo Rowlette Candle Carving tapered billiard. It had not been smoked much by the previous owner and it was in absolutely showroom shape. I packed a bowl of SG's Chocolate Flake to christen her and after the smoke decided I'd take these pictures to share. I'm absolutely blown away by how good this pipe smokes. Very light and cool smoking, with an effortless draw. The darn thing almost smokes itself. Thanks for looking. By the way, sorry for the poor quality of the cell phone pictures.

Tsurugi

I like the look of many Ser Jacopos but I just never got those candle thingy pipes. Not my thing at all, but I hope it's a good pipe and that you'll enjoy it for many years.

That is a beautiful pipe. It reminded me of cake or ice-cream with sauce melted until another poster mentioned wax. Is it really coated in wax? Or just carved to look so?

Snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales Upgrade
Nice SJ. Hope you enjoy many years with it. I really like
mine, and it smokes very well. Congrats on a good trade.

dp

I thought something had happened to it until I read further down :startle: and realized that's what they are meant to look like.
Enjoy...

raf66

Thanks for the kind responses, guys. Adamantine, the wood is carved to give it that candle wax appearance. It's truly a piece of art. The daggum thing smokes so effortlessly and cool that it clearly distinguishes itself from most of my other factory pipes that are in the $100 range. Not that those pipes are bad mind you, and had I never had the occasion to smoke this SJ I likely would never have been able to experience the difference. But man, what a difference!! I only have a modest collection of 18 pipes or so, and of those only a Don Carlos lovat, a handmade S&R apple made locally by the owner of the b&w where I purchased this one, an Ascorti Peppino billiard and this SJ really stand out as exquisite smokers that are a noticeable cut above the rest.

telltime

Neat looking... looks like something I'd smoke while walking in the woods. Don't know why. Maybe it's that "partially finished" (to me) look.

DoverPipes

Glad to hear it. I think you should get your boss to get a table for the NY show and give me a HUGE discount :whistle: :groucho: :flowers:
Liam,
I missed this one! Huge!!! Good deal.
We'll have to see the shop in December!
I'll bring the EMP :thumbsu:
Rugs will bring the Captain Black :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.