Falcon Bantam

Status
Not open for further replies.

leacha

░░░░░░
The size of the pipe conforms to a Bantam but the lack of die stampings was unusual. Through email, Kathy Worth says it may be early Bantam prototype run from the early '60s. The only other pipe she's seen without the die stamping is from the early '40s located at smokingmetal.

Snake

permanent ankle biter
The size of the pipe conforms to a Bantam but the lack of die stampings was unusual. Through email, Kathy Worth says it may be early Bantam prototype run from the early '60s. The only other pipe she's seen without the die stamping is from the early '40s located at smokingmetal.
Ooh! I'd love to see pics of
this one!
Sorry to Marc for the hijack.

leacha

░░░░░░
I'll get some pics uploaded by the end of the week.

Now back to the original question... Marc, I purchased this pipe through eBay. It wasn't listed as a Bantam. I counted the number of lines on the stem. It came in as 9 or 10. The regular Falcons have 15 or 16. So right away I knew this pipe wasn't a regular falcon. Looking at Falcons on eBay, day in and day out, you'll pick up on the standard length pretty quick. When a Bantam shows up you'll spot it.

Good Hunting.

dsurgi

I will ask my brother in law about the metal pipes he has in is "Collection". he has several metal ones and I will try to get pictures.

Snake

permanent ankle biter
Thanks Guys but you can call off the search.
Just like busses, been looking for months then 2 came along at the same time.
So bought them both !!
Pictures to follow.

Marc.
We'll want details,
like how much they
cost and what's the
number before the 'B'

Status
Not open for further replies.