Falcon bowls.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

hey guys hope your all well.

so i have come to a decission, i have round about 5 or so weeks left of rolling tobacco supplies and im thinking once that has gone see if i can cross over to the pipe on a more permanant basis, as im finding now cigs are just there for a purpose and starting to enjoy them less and enjoying pipe more.

Anywho the question i was going to ask is this, those of you who smoke falcons on a daily basis, is there any limit to the number of smokes you have in a single bowl any given day before it starts turning to damp and not giving a good smoke.

thanks for your help ladys and gents

2. fordy

fordy Member

Depends how many bowls you smoke I suppose. I regularly use the same bowl 6-8 times a day. Having said that, I try to give it a rest the day after, but often don't. Unlike a full briar, the hole in the bottom means the 'juice' will not sit & soak in. Just wipe, clean the hole with a cleaner & away yer go.

3. craig

craig Active Member

thanks fordy, i was thinking because most of the gunk sits in the aluminium sump, that it wouldnt really be a problem but just wanted to make sure first, now ill be investing in more bowls lol

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I, too, have no issues with using
    the same bowl more than once
    a day. Not nearly as much as
    fordy, but then again, I have almost
    two dozen Falcons, and can
    easily rotate betwixt them all.

fordy likes this.
  5. fordy

fordy Member

I have 13 bowls, 6 stems....but the 2 Plymouth Rustics are my current fav's.

6. craig

craig Active Member

cheers dp, mine will probably get the arse smoked off them to begin with but then il settle it in to a nice rythm.

7. Biggles

Biggles Member

Good luck with quitting those roll ups Craig. FWIW my current falcon favs are the apple and algiers. :whis:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. craig

craig Active Member

thanks biggles, its gunna be a long process i think as the last time i tried to quit them i was probably days off ending up in the loony bin lol, but yeah i just find i dont enjoy them as much any more obviously they are a few during the day i enjoy (waking up and after meals) but part from that just do it out of habit

9. craig

craig Active Member

ps my fave bowls are the billiard and the dover

10. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Mine are the Dublin and billiard. So far I got one with a rustic apple bowl. And I think the two Iam bidding on has the Dublin bowls one smooth and one rustic. Hope that with one of my buys I will have something to offer as a trade to someone that has a billiard bowl that they might be willing to give up.

Gunslinger,

11. craig

craig Active Member

sounds good i was going to get a bull dog although i was looking for a smaller bowl it seemed a little small and didnt feel right for some reason which made me opt for the billiard, the dublinwas out of stock but the billiard was an excellent second choice

12. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

When I was an apprentice (back in Victoria's reign) several guys at work smoked Falcons, and I don't think they had several bowls for them. You need to get used to whipping the bowl off quickly - mid smoke, and give the stem a sharp flick of the wrist! (but not over a pale carpet! LOL) that way they stay dry indefinately, and can be smoked each and every day!.
    OT

Brit abroad likes this.
  13. craig

craig Active Member

i had to do that on saturday ted was sat in the cafe and forget the dry rings, i think i got looked and stared at more for looking like a wasp had landed on me than for actually smoking a pipe.

14. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Well if anyone was searching for Viking bowls... There is a while mess of the on the bay right now... Really wish they would fit the falcon... Such a much better price.

Gunslinger,

15. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Don't forget if you like those 'dry rings' (I don't) - you can snip a piece off a pipe cleaner, and bend it to shape, works just the same!
    OT

16. craig

craig Active Member

Ahhh cool good idea ted . What do you do when you have an excess of moisture remove the bowl and snap of the wrist ?

Old Ted likes this.
  17. fordy

fordy Member

18. craig

craig Active Member

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Oh! Condor Plug!
    :drly:

20. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Down boy!.....or do you know anyone in Ireland? :ohyh: