1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Falcon query

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ric03, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric03

ric03 Member

Thinking of buying one and just curious as to whether you can get some spare bowls and rotate them (using the same stem) as a cheapish way of adding more briars to the collection?

2. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I would imagine that the stem could be used more often than a conventional pipe, as long as it's cleaned properly, since the stem itself doesn't really retain moisture.

3. snowman

snowman Member

Hello.
    Yes most pipe smoker that have,Falcons.Buy extra bowls as they make many diffrent styles and shapes and they will all fit the same stem.Myself I have 6 diffrent bowls.

Alan.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Oh yeah. Three bowls, one stem and you're golden. The bowls don't have a heel to get soggy, so a couple days rest is basically insurance. While more pipes in a rotation is nice(preferable?)...I see no reason a piper couldn't get by with my initial suggestion above.

5. ric03

ric03 Member

Many thanks all! Just looking to expand my collection/rotation options as cheap as possible really! Always fancied trying one too after all the good reviews on here. I'll get one ordered with a couple of spare bowls Friday (payday!) :)

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Quite a few men I've known (including myself in younger days!) smoked a Falcon all the time - with just regular wiping of the bowl bottom and alluminum chamber, and a cleaner through the stem - I never had a problem.
    OT

7. WillH

WillH Active Member

Falcon? I don't see any bowls! Extra bowls? Under the tail feathers perhaps......no, that'd be balls not bowls.....I'm confused.
    [​IMG]
    Will

ric03 likes this.
  8. BuzzFledderjohn

BuzzFledderjohn New Member

Falcon is my favorite pipe so far. It is what I always grab when doing anything away from home, and mostly gets popped into my back pocket. Smoke a bowl, wipe out the chamber and bottom of the bowl, and back into my pocket until my next smoke break. Give it a good cleaning at the end of the day. Nice to be able to smoke it basically whenever I want....

9. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

They used to advertise that all you needed was a stem and three bowls. It's really all the pipe you'd ever need, though likely not all the pipe you'll ever want.

Mister Moo likes this.
  10. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

You got me wondering if I said this earlier because I had already heard it, or if i'm just the master of the obvious. Huh.

(BTW, keep breathing air...one day science will prove it's good for you...but i'm not holding my breath.)

11. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I'm enjoying my Falcon (one bowl). It does require cleaning after a smoke. I tend to neglect maintenance, but you can't with a Falcon. The humidome fills up with all sorts of gunk, so I wipe it out at least every second bowl, and run the cleaner through after every bowl.

12. drwan

drwan Member

Enjoyed my Falcons... Have three of them.. Rotates when having a marathon pipe smoking session with friends.. Didn't like the idea or rotating bowls though.. Just have a spare bowl just in case...

13. ric03

ric03 Member

Thanks everyone. I'm sorry, I wasn't neglecting to respond but thought I had this thread on email notification... (me + interweb = :confused:)

Been smoking my Falcon a while now and I'm really starting to appreciate its company. It may need cleaning but it is easy to clean and seems to cool down much quicker than my other briars (which is handy for a nicotine junky like me). I've only used one bowl so far (Dover) and, after breaking it in (following Falconeers excellent article), it has become part of my rotation. I mainly use it for St Bruno in the mornings, then smoke my other pipes in the afternoon and evenings and it seems ready to play again by the next morning :)

Very glad I bought one now so thanks for all the recommendations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.