1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Falcon........

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

No, I don't have one of these but I was thinking (again, cogito) and thought that a cob-bowl for the Falcon would absolutely ROCK! Opinions?

I know, there I go thinking again!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. rusty

rusty Member

As I havnt yet smoked my Cob, I cant say. But if there was a Cob bowl to fit a Falcon Id definitely try it going on what others say about a Cob smoking very well. Interesting thought.

3. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Hey why not? Cobz is coooooool! :velho:

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

seems to me it would be fairly simple to make if you could figure out the threading on the falcons... just take an existing falcon bowl, cut it off 3/8" above the threads, rout 3/16" deep around the inside of the briar piece, then find a similar sized cob, cut it off the stem and flatten the bottom, rout it 3/16" deep around the outside of the bottom of the bowl then glue them together with a bit of honey. just remember to grab the briar not the cob when you pull the bowl. probably wouldnt be the most durable pipe in the world, but its a cobfalcon.

5. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

There used to be a a falcon style pipe called an aristocob. I was trying to make a cob bowl for my falcon, but was unable to get it right.

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

In the original Corncob Snob Society there used to be a guy, Billiard, who did fantastic things with cobs and I remember him creating the "Falcob" where he fitted a cob to a Falcon. He maintained it could be done simply by cutting off the top of a cob which had burned out at the base and force screwing it into a Falcon stem - he said the metal could cut the thread for you. I've never done it personally but I've seen his pix - could be worth a try if you burn through a cob,

Best to all

Gerry

7. Stoked

Stoked Member

Great idea Ed! Now you've got me thinking about getting a Falcon just to give this a whirl! :cheers:

[​IMG]

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Get a MM General or Diplomat or any, like Gerry said, and drive her home! Or get an existing Falcon bowl and cut it down and use that as the plug!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.