1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Fastest turn around pipe repair shops (?)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mington, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Late last year I sent a few pipes to Carole at P&W. They did great work. The 1st repair was a pretty fast turn around, the 2nd batch I sent in, took awhile longer.
    I know she has been sick and I wanted to try a different place, so I chose Walker Briar Works.

They are in Mich as am I so I would hope that might help the time frame.
    Just looked at the schedule there today (which is a nice feature) and it looks like my pipes will be ready in 2 months! :(
    Not that i don't have 15 other pipes or so to smoke, but I thought that was a long time.
    Even my 2nd repair at P&W was less than 8 weeks.

For next time...
    Does anyone know of a place with a "faster" turnaround time?
    Maybe they are all that way.

2. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

I've had Boswells re-stem a few of my pipes, very well done and turn around was about 1-2 weeks. One of the reasons I learned to restore pipes was because there are very few good outfits and they're all swamped. It's the same with gunsmithing, good ones are scarce and very busy.

Mington likes this.
  3. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Ming have you tried Paul's Pipe up here in Flint? I know they do repairs, not sure of the turn around time though.

4. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Floyd Norwood usually has them in return mail within a couple of days of receiving them. He has such a fast turn-around I suspect he does same day service. He has competitive prices and he does excellent work. Don't expect a lot of dialogue with him though cuz he is a man of few words.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Ming I sent a Savenelli to well Savinelli, they got my pipe the 15th of November. I still don't have it back yet:( I called them around the end of Jan to check on it cause I was told 2 months. They said I should have it back mid Feb, still waiting. Hope yours does not take so long.

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

No Trauma, I didn't know about the Flint place.
    Boswell's Hawk? I never would have thought of them for non Boswell pipes. Thanks!
    I have heard about Floyd before. Floyd gets my next batch (if needed). Thanks Arkie.
    Scottly..... :(

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yes.

8. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

I've sent about 6 pipes to Boswells for re-stemming over the past 5 years. The first was to have a churchwarden length stem made for one of their pipes, the rest were various estate briars that needed new stems due to breakage or absence. If you tell them your needs they will do the business.

Mington likes this.
  9. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I have to agree on Floyd Norwood...stellar workmanship and a lightning-fast turn around. My go-to repair service.
    He's excellent with all things meerschaum too!

Mington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.