1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Favorite Pipe? And Why?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by pipedrum22, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithy

Smithy Member

I wish that photo was a bit more clear. It is amazing up close.

2. Moose

Moose Active Member

My 1964 Dunhill that my wife bought me as a gift for Christmas a couple of years ago. Not because it is a Dunhill or a great smoker, because she took the time to research and buy it for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

My uncle's white briar Kaywoodie. When he passed, I asked my aunt for one of his pipes and she sent that one to me.

I never smoke it. It sits on my pipe rack in a prominant position so that as I grab a pipe to smoke, I am reminded of my uncle and that brings the first smile to my face as I begin that bowl.

4. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

An IMP meer. It smokes effortlessly. Just light and go. It is a forgiving pipe regardless of poor smoking form. I got a great deal on it as an unsmoked pipe. I get to watch it color although it is doing so very slowly.

Thuber88, dBear and NeverKnowsBest like this.
  5. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

[​IMG]
    BST Bent Rhodesian.
    "Favorite" is tough for me but I'd rather smoke Virginia's in this pipe than any other I own, or have owned.

The "hang" of this pipe is absolutely perfect. The draw is very open. The fishtail stem, thinness behind the button, and button work make this my most comfortable clencher. The overall shape, gnarly rustication, and the ridiculous birds-eye on the rim all please me. I call it the Virginia Incinerator.

Doesn't hurt that it was my first consignment with Sasquatch, and he's a very good dude.

6. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

This is a really sharp looking pipe. Nice job!

dBear likes this.
  7. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

There are so many favorites I couldn't pick one. Maybe the Savinelli Giubileo D'Oro because of the way it smokes, not how it looks. Or one of the Dunhill #4 Root Briar Crosbys.

dBear likes this.
  8. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Wow - some lovely pipes in this thread! :)

dBear likes this.
  9. Gig

Gig Member

My seven day rotation of Peterson 314's. I love them, all with different finishes. I still need to get a red :)

[​IMG]

Rotated 180 deg.

[​IMG]

10. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Some nice pipes here and interesting choices. My favorite is a 1930's era Comoy's 499 Extraordinaire. I loved this Comoys shape and it took me two years to find this one and it's unlikely I'll encounter another up for sale. It's a fantastic smoker as well, so no disappointments in that area either.

[​IMG]

My second favorite is this GBD 9676 Seventy-Six Colossus. It was a gift from a pipe buddy on another forum. The shape and size of the pipe just captivates me (it is a plus-size 9438).

[​IMG]

11. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

That Comoy 499 is killer, I have been looking for one of those for 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.