1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Favorite Smoker

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tudorp, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

This being the site it is, I am sure this has been done before, but I am lazy and don't want to search, it's just easier to ask myself.. ;)

No explanations, or long pipe stories or histories, because I am sure we each have our favorite pipe for a number of reasons. No specific brand loyalties etc. But the question I have is simple, and only regards to ease of smoke, as in, trouble free, thoughtless smoke. Ya just load up, lite and sit back without having to tinker with, re-light, adjust tobaccos etc.. And regardless of "status" or monitary value of any specific pipe or brand. It could be a $5 basket pipe, or a $600 custom, in THIS thread and question, they all are on equal footing. All I want is the name (no name if it applies) shape, and model.

Your best, and favorite trouble free smoker.

Mine: GBD International 9456

Yours?

2. troyn60

troyn60 Member

A bent basket apple... the first pipe I started smoking with. It's a no-name, and I'm pretty sure that it's not even made of briar. But the draw is always perfect, I can clench it easily because it's really light, and I generally just don't have to worry about it. And it seems to me that a lot of tobaccos taste better in it... I'm sure that's not true, but I don't care either way. It's just a great little pipe.

3. DanielO

DanielO Member

MM CG with a forever churchwarden stem. Not just any MM CG with a forever churchwarden stem, a specific MM CG with a forever churchwarden stem.

BradNTX likes this.
  4. user1975

user1975 Active Member

My Caminetto 139KS

5. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

My usual "get up and go" smoke when I am home is my Savinelli Duca Carlo. Not expensive at all, but fits great in my hand and has smoked like a dream since the day I brought it home.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Favorite and "best smoker" may vary for me. If I just consider which pipes smoke the absolute best in my modest collection, I have two categories.

Best Smoker- nonclencher: Sas slight bent Apple- holds a lot of STM, effortless draw, stem is perfectly shaped for super comfy pulls, shape feels great in my hand, burns exceptionally well.
    [​IMG]

Best Smoker in the clencher category: MM Country Gentleman with Walker BW FS- Many of the attributes of my Sas, but doesn't hold as much toby. Is super lightweight and the stem makes for an extra comfy clencher.
    [​IMG]

Mark w4mms likes this.
  7. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Peterson System Standard 302 plip. Best pipe I've ever smoked, no gurgles, burns cool, hangs right. I'm seriously thinking about getting a couple of more in different finishes I like it so much.

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

This'n:

[​IMG]

It's the only pipe I have that's a perfect 10. It's a Sasquahatchie. Everything from English to Scottish to Virginias to weirdo Lakelands smokes perfectly in it.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  9. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

My favorite smoker, hands down, is any one of my Missouri Meerschaum "Missouri Pride" or "Washington" model cobs. I have two of each, one bent and one straight in each pair. Just AWESOME smokers. Any single of them is my favorite as they are that consistent between smokes.

My favorite tobacco ( puts on flame suit ) is the old standard of my late best friend's stepfather: Captain Black. I do prefer the Gold however.

Love the combination!

10. Shane Arnett

Shane Arnett Member

A Spitfire prince that I bought at a Low Bob's a few years back. Doesn't offer very long bowls due to the short bowl, but usually has a flawless smoke.

11. furious

furious Junque collector

Ed Burak Connoisseur billiard

12. DocB

DocB Active Member

my old Duncan Hill Aerosphere... Great pipe, every time I smoke it.

13. sarge564

sarge564 Member

A 1/4 bent Dr. Grabow I got in an Ebay "estate lot" I think it cost me $4.00. The screw in stem is shot and I have had to wrap a piece of paper around it to keep it tight. Smokes great!

14. Shane Arnett

Shane Arnett Member

I used to have an old Kaywoodie with a screw-in bit. Got to the point where it went 180 degrees past where it was supposed to stop. Yikes

15. DocB

DocB Active Member

I have one that works its way around too. If you gently grab the threads with some pliers, you can usually turn it back to its original position.

16. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Overall - a Baki meerschaum

Briar - a Luigi Viprati, with an honorable mention to my Sas full bent.

17. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

My granpas' old Kaywoodie would be a runner up for me. That pipe has been around a long time, it's ugly, but it smokes right every time.. Its the one I have stuck in my face in my avitar picture..

18. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I guess it depends on what and where I'm smoking, sitting around my house, my meerschaum, not sure of the manufacturer on that one. Out and about either one of my 2 "knock-around" pipes: my Dr. Grabow Grand Duke or my Missouri Meerschaum, don't know the model, bought it for $7.95 off a cardboard rack hanging in my local smoke shop. It looks so rough hewn you'd think it was a piece of junk but I love to smoke it! It's light weight with a good draw. :puffy:

19. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

9/10 times recently I either reach for or want to reach for my PSF POY, I think its probaly my favourite recently. The only times I don't pick it is when I think it should probaly rest, the example being I smoked 10 bowlS in three days last weekend so it's been resting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.