Feeling Brave

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by GlassSculptor, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I've got a decent stock pile of my favorites so I decided to try some new blends. What say you?

Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake
    MacBaren HH Acadian Perique
    Solani Silver Flake
    MacBaren Navy Flake
    McConnells Scottish Flake
    Stokkeby Luxury Navy Flake

and for ****s and giggles.......

Hearth and Home Berry Nice (Hey, never know.... It might be the blend that converts me to aromatics... :bow: )

2. Philthy

Philthy Member

That is a truly great selection you have there. Many of my favorites - the only ones I havent tried are the Scottish Flake and Acadian Perique. I would be interested to hear your opinion on all of them.

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Heard great things of Silver Flake. Others, I have no idea.
    Enjoy, GS!

dp

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Unless you smoke your pipe by your keyboard, we won't be seeing much of you for a while. Great choices and your "****z & giggles" selection indicates a "wild streak", that's good. Best way to explore new 'baccy!

Great choices GS. Favorites for sure. You'll have to let us know how they all playout for you and how you rank them. I'd say that'd be a tough job, picking one over the other 'cause for me, sometimes I like one over the other and then other times, it's the opposite! They're all good, IMO. Don't know much about the dingle berry flake you got but hey, it's for ****z & giggles right? Good job!

:bow:
    Ed Puff!

5. GlassSculptor

Thanks Gents! I pretty much smoke everywhere except in front of the furnace or the sandblasting cabinet. Ok, I've actually done both but only once or twice. I ended up filling my pipe with drool while sandblasting another pipe... :old:

Figured I'd give the Berry Nice a try. I've enjoyed every other blend from Russ, so it might be the biz.....or not.... :bow:

:wave:

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Holy cow! How do you decide which tin to open next? https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Ditch the berry nice for some luxury twist, and you've got a list to die for.

With the berry nice, it's a list to die from.

8. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Nice order! I'd be interested in a comparison review of the two Navy Flakes...never tried the McB's.....

9. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

You should love the two Stokkebyes....I know I do. You might want to try the luxury twist as well...another great smoke from Stokkebye.

10. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to try a MacBaren and a Stokkebye of nearly any kind, just from all the talk. All well... will have to wait for another month. Till then, I'll live through you.

11. GlassSculptor

I was going to get the Luxury Twist Flake but changed my mind since it has a top flavor added.

Decided to get the Berry Nice instead.......... :bing:

Seriously, Luxury Twist will be in my next order....

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

GS, you MUST try PS LTF! It's got 4-star quality at a 2-star price (as does the other PS Flakes), and as good if not gooder than the other two (LNF and LBF).

I've stacked LNF on top of LBF and it was very very nice. Wonder how a triple PS stack or parfait would be..........now where'd I put my LTF?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

13. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Would that not be a Layer Cake instead of a Parfait..... :velho:

14. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I know it states lightly aromatic.....but all I taste with twist is tobac....Nor do I smell anything other than the same. If it's an aromatic I have no idea what the top could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.