1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

First Hit Of The Mean Green

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by SBritton, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBritton

SBritton Member

The first time tobacco turned me green. It had to be my first few puffs. I had went for a lakita for my first smoke. The second time was when I took the Gawth Boys for a spin.

When was your first ultimate "green" encounter?

2. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

Try Peterson's Irish Flake if you want a date with My Lady Nicotine...[​IMG]

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

when i first smoked 1792 before i'd broken my cigarettish habit of inhaling on every pull.... OOPS

on the plus side my vomit was no match for the polyurethane coating on the porch...

4. SBritton

SBritton Member

I dunno, if you still had residue of that smoke in your mouth it may have taken the wood itself off the nails.

5. nobler son

nobler son Member

Proud to say, I've never actually suffered nausea due to tobacco. Temper this with the fact that I probably haven't sampled the same variety as you gentlemen.

6. Rider

Rider Member

:bing: :bing: as of yet it was C&D blockade runner. i think i just smoked too much though because i tried it again a few days ago in a lesser quantity and it was fine :D

7. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

Never with a pipe. Only a huge cigar can get me a bit green. One time I power smoked an Oliva toro maduro (the thing was about a 50 ring gauge by 6 1/2" long) with a huge glass of scotch. Stood up real fast afterward to go inside and fell right back down in the chair :) Never gotten sick though.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

My first dip when I was 14-15...Kodiak. Me and a bud were glued to his living room floor off of the high we got. Haven't really swooned on tobacco since.

9. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I had a similar experience with Copenhagen. Good thing I was outside at the time.

Bri2k

10. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

High Country Whisky Flavor did it for me! The closest I've ever come to that recently was the 1st time I smoked one of the new Cain cigars. That was a great buzz! :)

11. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

A busy day followed by no food a big bowl of Peterson's Irish Oak and a large glass of rum. No vomit, but boy did I want to. I went back to the rum. I am still a little gun shy of the Irish Oak.

Z

12. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

I've never gotten sick from tobacco, but 1792 does occasionally give me the niccups.

13. Marc

Marc Active Member

Girly men I say! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xd.gif All kidding aside, I have never experienced this with a pipe tobacco, only the occasional cigar.

14. SBritton

SBritton Member

You would never believe it but. Power smoke CB. That will do some damage.

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Of course you never experienced it with pipe tobacco, since you abhor Latakia AND Perique!!! What's left??? (All kidding, reinstated, by someone with next to no Virginia experiences to count for....) :angry:

16. Marc

Marc Active Member

I never said I abhorred Latakia and Perique, I enjoy some blends that use Latakia with a very,very light hand, Perique is touch and go for me, however, I do like Orientals and most McClelland Virginia/Oriental blends, but pure all natural Virginia flake tobaccos are my favorite! :angry:

17. wataru

wataru Member

Ive never had a pipe tobacco "green" episode but when I used to Snus like mad, I couldnt do more then 2 pouches a day.

Once at work, I bought a 20oz Coke and had 3 pouches before noon. I had to put down the Coke, turn off my phone and run to the bathroom. After I get over the INCREDIBLE hot flash I got from TOO MUCH articial flavor (because nicotine in Snus is like 6g per pouch and a cig is 21g), I had to turn around and drop a load from the other end. It was like "Ok it's coming up! ...wait, let's go out the back instead!"

I came out of the can with a red face and cover in sweat, like I just ran a mile in a Florida summer swamp.

Just say no to Camel Snus.

18. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I almost threw up when I tried a Peterson cigar... but their pipe blends are superb!

19. piper965

piper965 Member

Only once, it was in my transition from aros to real pipe tobacco. I went from OTC blends to Dunhills Nightcap in a large bowl. The first bowl was such an eye opener and game changer in my pipe life that I just had to have another bowl right after. Spinning head, nap in the car and then Nightcap became one of my favorite blends. Never had a problem with pipe tobacco since.

20. SBritton

SBritton Member

It's to bad that DN is gone forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.