Five brothers first takems....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by smokinjoe, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinjoe

smokinjoe Member

This is the first time I smoked it. heres my observations.after three packs 1.25 ounces.
    starting out with the pros

Its got nicotine.
    It taste kinda like a camel cig but not as rough.
    It is satisfying.
    There is a distinct taste , kinda nutty but I cant figure what it is.
    It truly is manly however it seems similair to smoking cigs.
    Now lets observe the cons.
    It will burn fast.\
    It will set youins back in your seat. nic. sometimes but not always.
    It is stringy and clings together similair to hair fibers.
    nothing else to say negative about it.
    Final diagnosis
    I find nothing un remarkable about this tobacco. Its really good to smoke. the only problem I encountered was a inability not to want to inhale. But I found shallow inhallations quite pleasing.
    Would I recommend this to a friend? yes.
    I like it and will continue to smoke it, however it is very good mixed with a cavendish for better flavor. When mixed its very much a heavy smoke that Ive been seeking. It also smokes good in a cob. However, It does burn hot enough to scorch the out side of the cob so use caution.
    Prognosis.....buy more

sj

BigJ likes this.

2. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

That about sums it up.

smokinjoe likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like the stuff, and if they would just pack it a little more moist it would be ideal. I still prefer Kendal Dark, but if I want just a good, solid, straightforward burley, it's what I go for. I am in the minority, it doesn't make me think too much of cigarettes...heck, I rolled one with it one time and didn't enjoy it, personally....I actually think a slightly quicker burn time is one of it's strong points. It's THE perfect smoke break blend

smokinjoe and Pecci like this.
  4. smokinjoe

smokinjoe Member

I was going to try and roll one. But I dont know how to do it. short of a machine. So you are advising not to try that? thanks Nesta,I was close to buying a roller machine. Now I got more toby money!:)

Artistik likes this.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

haha...I'm not advising one way or another, but in MY experience it wasn't all that pleasant. I think Kendal Dark, on the other hand, makes darn near perfect cigarettes for my tastes. Haven't done that in a really long time, though....

smokinjoe likes this.
  6. tungbite

tungbite Member

It has been around forever. I am 67 and my grandfather smoked it as a rolled cigarette, and chewed it! I bought some awhile back and found it to be an easy all day smoke in a pipe. I don't think it had the nicotine wallop that my dad had warned me about. Four Brothers is a must try for the pure tobacco lover. Time to order some again:D.

Rodfather, nesta and smokinjoe like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Four brothers, eh? See that's your problem, man...it's only got four of them...you should try some five brothers, it's got one more brother in there and he's tough as nails...if you aren't too careful he can open up a can of oh-my-goodness on ya! :puffy:

(If I haven't eaten and haven't smoked strong tobacco in a while, anyway)

ATXPipe, smokinjoe and Artistik like this.
  8. tungbite

tungbite Member

:haha:Yea that Four Brothers was some good stuff! Five Brothers just isn't quite as good. Getting old's a real bitch!

nesta likes this.
  9. smokinjoe

smokinjoe Member

Spit out my coffee on that one!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.