Found a great new B&M in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by JescoWhite, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

For all of you L.A. and SoCal residents I thought that I would give you a heads up on a great B&M that I found. It's called Tobacco Trader and it's located in Culver city. Unlike most good B&Ms they are open 7 days a week. I took a trip down there last Sunday and I was VERY impressed by their selection of tinned and bulk tobaccos. They also have a really nice selection of pipes and cigars. They even have a small selection of nasal snuff. The guy behind the counter was really cool. He even cracked a brand new tin of 1792 to give me a sample.

Overall I am very impressed by this store and can't wait to go back. If you are in the area I recommend that you stop in a check out Tobacco Trader. I don't think you will be disappointed.

ruralhipster likes this.

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Not to far from LAX in west Culver if google maps are to be believed will definately check it out on my next trip to LA.

3. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Been there. It is a very nice place w/good folks. Parking is, at times tough, though. They have several of there own blends that are very good. When I went they had a nice selection of basket pipes, too.

4. prole

prole Member

Awesome, thanks. This will be great for the few trips I take each year to visit my brother in Hollywood.

I'll start a thread about this soon, but if anyone has some good recommendations for B&Ms in the Vegas area I'd love to hear them. I'll be there the end of this month and could use some down time from the action to go sniffing around the local shops if there are any

5. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Thanks for the 411! I'll have to check it out next time I'm on the west side. Good ol' Culver City, where many of the first great movies were made, yet treated like a red-headed step-child were Hollywood is concerned...

6. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

They had a bunch of basket pipes when I was in there and they were very reasonably priced. Unlike a certain L.A. B&M that likes to charge $100 to $250 for their basket pipes. I won't mention any names though :bag:.

7. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

You MUST get to Kramer's Tobacco Shop in Beverly Hills.

8. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

Been there. Tobacco Trader is much better. It doesn't have the history or old feel but it has a much larger selection of pipes and toby.

I went to Kramers and they had like 2 tins of Nightcap and that was it for tins. Trust me, TT is way better than Kramers.

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Oh I trust you! I live on the east coast and have never been there, but have a steady order of their Fr Dempsey blend. Marsha is a great lady!!!

10. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.