Found a new Cob Id forgotten I had :)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by rusty, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty

rusty Member

Thats a nice surprise, forgotten Id got this a long time ago. On closer inspection the draw hole is a little way off the bottom of the bowl and it sticks out a little too, is this a problem for cleaning out and mottle? All the same Im going to load it with Condor Ready rubbed tonight :)

Tom Sawyer likes this.

2. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

I've got a briar that has an elevated draw hole. It still smokes fine (though it does gurgle) and isn't a problem to clean out. I'd load it up and give it a try.

3. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Usually on a cob the stummel extends across the bottom of the bowl with the top part of the stummel cut off to expose the air passage. Is it an MM Cob? Pics would help.

4. rusty

rusty Member

Ill post pics soon, it looks like a lot can get clogged up in the bowl? Just checked and yes its an MM. Has the round sticker on the bottom of the bowl.

5. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

The shank of an MM will enter the bowl and leave some space on either side and under, just let that space fill in with whatever falls in, or you could fill in and shape it with some pipe mud, which is what I do.

6. rusty

rusty Member

Ill let it do what ever it does :) Filled it up with some Condor ready rubbed and it smokes great.

Basil Meadows likes this.
  7. rusty

rusty Member

One thing I have noticed is the bowl gets very hot? Is this just my smoking style, as soon as it gets like this I stop and let it stand a bit. But I have to say Im inpressed with it, lovely easy smoke. Mine has the orange or yellow see through stem with a paper filter in.

8. rusty

rusty Member

Iv just noticed a hairline crack in my cobs bowl at the top and about a cm long. Ah well Ill keep on smoking it and see what happens. :)

9. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Is this "crack" on the outside of the bowl? & is the bowl a smooth or natural (rough) one? They do crack but don't let that worry you, usually it's on the outside and won't hinder your smoking.

Post up a pic.

Shawn

rusty likes this.
  10. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Good man, me Lad!

rusty likes this.
  11. rusty

rusty Member

Its from the top of the bowl right through, but it doesnt really effect the smoke, so will carry on as normal :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.