Frenchys Sunzabitches

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by esteban, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esteban

esteban Active Member

after cellaring this heavy perique blend for 10 months, I dug it out and am very pleased with the experience....any opinions or other fans out there???

2. Biggles

Biggles Member

I like it well enough - it has a fairly strong bourbon topping IMO so it's one of those blends that I need to be in the mood for. I do love perique and a good strong Va-Bur is a good thing in my book, so for me it's down to whether I fancy the bourbon topping or not. Seems to age nicely as well.

esteban likes this.
  3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Anyone else thought esteban was calling out David Emond?

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

:laff:

I was thinking about Frenchy this morning. He was a really stand-up dealer who offered an extraordinary array of new- and used pipes at very fair prices and, always, a good word. His knowledge about the craft was very broad and his tobacco blends were anything but bad. I miss the guy and I miss his resources. Sunzabitches was good; BaDa Bing Cherry Blend was very good.

If you never had the chance to do business with Frenchy you missed a class act. :th1:

http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/...09/11/2_Frenchys_Pipe_Tips_for_Beginners.html

paulmac and esteban like this.
  5. esteban

esteban Active Member

I bought 1 pipe from Frenchy and talked to him on the fone once.. He had some great pipes at a great price.... and pleasant to deal with....

6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I dealt with Frenchy a number of times...a real class act.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:haha: first thing that popped into my head....

WalkinStick and Johnny Dingo like this.
  8. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I love this stuff. It burns fast. Too fast. I posted about it a while ago and it drove me to buy a bigger pipe. Now I am able to enjoy it for a longer time than before, but always want more when I am done. Not for a need for more nicotine, but because I enjoy the flavor so much. It is rising up in the top ranks of my rotation. Can't say enough good things about the blend. The taste is so unique compared to other Va bur pers I have tried and, well any other blends for that fact, that I was slow to confessing my love for it. It just tasted wierd at first, but slowly I came to wanting it more and more. Now it is just love. :snork: I will always have some of this on hand.

esteban likes this.
  9. esteban

esteban Active Member

David Emond.....comment?? I'm too old to call anyone out....I don't understand.:msty:

10. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Word on the street is David may have one foot in French-speaking Quebec. Not that there's anything WRONG with that. In some places poutine is considered a delicacy. Comprends?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

11. esteban

esteban Active Member

ahhhhhhh.......meer si....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.