Frog with a frog

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Njemt527, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

So the doorbell wakes me up today. I get to the door, after putting on my pants, and there is no one there. Then I notice a small brown box. It's from smoking pipes!!!! In it was a few things of snuff, my pipe holder, and my Frog Morton OTT. I so wanted to pack a bowl right there, but things needed to be done first. I ran my errands, visited my grandparents, and entertained the girlfriend a bit. As soon as I got home I loaded a bowl and headed for the garage. I sat in my garage "lazy boy" (a zero turn mower, it has a spot for my feet and my drink!) and popped the top on my favorite beer. Landshark lager and new tobacco, this will be bliss. I evidentially packed the top a bit tight, but three chars later it was lit. The sweetness hit me first, which I love in a tobacco. Movement in the corner next to me then caught my eye. It was a small frog! Smoking frog with a frog. I nicked named him Morton, it only seemed fitting. When I went back to my pipe, I noticed how creamy and smooth it was. Plenty of smoke too. IT went down to fine white ash, and me enjoying every min of it. I got up from my seat, and Morton hopped away. I'm not sure if itll ever be my go to smoke, but is the best blend I've smoked to date.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Congratz! You had a very "special" moment! Little Mr Morton paid you a visit and welcomed you to the land of FMOTT! That's coincidence? I don't think so, I believe it may be beyond coincidence.......who knows? Anyway, It was a party and it was good, that's all that matters. You, your pipe, FMOTT, Morton, your LandShark, your "e-z chair"..........what else is there?!

That will be a nice memory you'll keep forever and probably tell several times to fellow pipers. I'm sure.

Enjoy and whether Mr Morton visits you again, you'll have the memory forever.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Great story...and great tobacco! Having Morton there to share the moment...don't get much better than that! Thanks for the story...... :velho:

4. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Ha! Great story, and glad you liked it. FMOTT was one of the first english type I tried and loved it. McC's 5110 bulk seems to be the exact same thing, but I think Woodbutcher could give you more info in that area. :velho:

5. Jonny

Jonny Member

Wow, I gotta get me some of this Frog Morton everyone seems to be raving about it. And try some of that Landshark, I'm much more of a Pilsner fan then Lager or Ale.

6. Brian

Brian Member

I like the story. I personally think FMOTT is a great smoke in hot weather, a little lighter and mellow than other heavy enlish blends. A crips lager would seem to go great with that.

I also really like a local blend from Georgetown Tobacco called "Councilman." If you are ever in DC and like FMOTT, I highly recommend grabbing a little. It's even a little bit lighter tasting and slightly more lemony.

https://www.gttobacco.com/secure/br...rom Georgetown Tobacco&l4=Councilman&mode=cat

7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

Glad to hear that other critters like to be around FMOTT. My experience is limited to the effect it has on the cat. I hope Mr. Morton comes around to visit you more often.
    As far as the comparison between FMOTT and McC 5110. I have had both blends going at the same time, switching from one pipe to the other, and can't tell any difference. Although that might just be my burned-out taste buds, you might want to give it a try. The only difference I found is there are more stems to weed out of the bulk than there were in the tin. For the difference in price...I didn't see that many stems.
    Enjoy.
    Dan

8. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I still had a bit in a tin of FMOTT when I got the 5110 and couldn't see any difference other then what you mentioned. Had to pick a stick out now and then.

9. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

At first I was very enthusiastic about FMOTT. After going through a few ounces, my love for it faded. I probably should have just put it into rotation rather than smoking it non-stop. I still like it but it doesn't have any surprises after a few weeks. Sample sparingly and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than I do now. I'm giving it a rest but I'm sure once I revisit it in the pipe I'll enjoy it more. It's a very good smoke.

WK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.