Gawith Hoggarth - Balkan Mixture

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Rewster66, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Had a nice surprise today. I previously posted that I got lucky and found some FVF and other SG blends the other day - well they came today and when I opened the box I had a free tin of Gawith Hoggarth's Balkan Mixture. A little note was in the box that stated it was in there to show their appreciation and help secure my business for future transactions. I think that is awesome.

I was also wondering if anybody here has had the opportunity to try this blend and what their impressions of it are. God Bless!!! Ray

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Now see, that's a real bonus, unlike those unlucky souls on the other thread getting a free sample from Altadis. Haven't tried it, but I love a good Lakeland blend. Happy smoking, Ray!

Herb

3. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I smoked a tin of Balkan Mix. I was hoping it would be a sub for the seemingly unavailable SG Balkan Flake--it was not.. Please lookup my post entitled "Lakelands." What I found, however, was a blend that stands on it's own two feet--no need for comparisons here. I would classify it as an "English with a Lakeland Essence.( yeah, I don't care that they call it a Balkan)" Pay no attention to those East of The Pond, for I think their mother's milk is tainted with the Lakeland Essence. They will say "I taste only "PURE TOBACCO", never them no mind, for you will taste flowers. Now it is very slight, but it is there. I think the only thing that keeps me from ordering pounds of this stuff is it's strength-- if Lady N bitch-slapped me, I'd be devoted forever. Take it for what its worth--at least the tin was free. I notice, however, that you don't name the supplier.

4. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

One of my favorites, and I have a considerable supply on hand. I detect no lakeland essence in this blend.

5. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The forum member I got the info from prefered that I did not mention it because it was a local shop to him.
    God Bless!!! Ray

6. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I like it. I pick up on the Lakeland essence when I first light up but it quickly subsides and settles in. Pretty good stuff. Not one of my alltime favorites but I'd dang sure smoke it if I had it. Beats the hell out of a bag of Smokers Pride as a freebie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.