Germany

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Jussto, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I leave tomorrow to spend a little more than a week in Germany, mostly in and around Berlin. I love to pick up pipes and tobaccos as souvenirs when I travel. (Who would have guessed?!):bing:

Does anyone, especially our brothers from across the pond, have recommendations for things I should pick up that are not easily available in the US, or any recommendations for tobacconists in Berlin?

Thanks!

J

2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Dan Tobacco is native to Deutschland, I believe, and they're also about to lose their U.S. distribution. That might be something to keep an eye out for.

Ol Brokedik, HCraven, Jussto and 2 others like this.
  3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hi there!
    I buy nearly all of my baccy from Dan-Pipe. Especially their own blends, bulk in particular, are great value for money!!!
    Perhaps those tobaccos are available in Berlin????? No idea......
    I'm not familiar with any tobacconists in Berlin but there is a blender, Planta, who is based in Berlin.
    Their tobies are.... well.... OK, maybe.... the thing is that most pipe smokers in Germany prefer aros along with filter pipes.
    A quick Google search for tobacconists in Berlin might get you some real gems!
    Enjoy your trip and let us know how you got on!:)

Jussto likes this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Germania .. cool ! Have a blast , you'll find tobacco there for sure , if you can remember what a pipe is after drinking the beer :th1:

Jussto likes this.
  5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Lots of great Orlik blends and SG blends
    available over there! Bring an extra suitcase!

Jussto likes this.
  6. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Just made it home with a few nice souvenirs, I wasn't able to find a shop with a major focus on pipes, but did find that pipe smoking is much more prevalent there, and so there are some nice things at even just smaller tobacco shops.

My main purchase was a Big Ben small saddle bit billiard (I may even try it with the filter, but we'll see), a couple of tins of Three Nuns, and a couple of flakes. I was a little disappointed not to see stuff that we can't get here, no Condor, St. Bruno, or anything like that.

Overall a nice trip, and some nice PAD and TAD additions to remember it by when I light a bowl!

7. troyn60

troyn60 Member

Pick up some Veermaster, put that in your pipe, and smoke it.

8. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Already got a little stash of that at home, and didn't see it for sale over there, odd huh? Good stuff that HV! Saw lots of Stanwell blends, some Davidoff flakes, and some EMP, they did have a good bit of MacB stuff, but pretty much what we have here.

9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

[quote="Jussto, post: 174215, member: 1851"....... I was a little disappointed not to see stuff that we can't get here, no Condor, St. Bruno, or anything like that.

[/quote] you went to the wrong side of the North Sea Justin! - we don't allow them stuff like that!;)

Jussto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.