GL Pease Key Largo

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bent, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent

Bent Member

Months ago (or maybe a year ago, who knows) I got a tin of GLP Key Largo because I was curious about it. Back then I had quite a bit of tobacco to smoke so I stuck the sealed tin in a box somewhere for "later" and forgot about it. I moved to a new house about 4 months ago, and there are still a few boxes in the garage. I had a loooong day at work today, and as I quit drinking some time ago (and was despairing for a glass of bourbon to take the edge off) I thought I'd do some of my manly man work in the garage. I was missing a couple of tools and looked in a box, and what do you think I find? the damn tin! I immediately thought this would be just what the Dr. ordered and cracked it open. A few minutes later I was back inside in my den, seating on my recliner puffing an an outstanding and manly blend of full flavored tobacco.

I can't really do much of a review right now because I've only had 2 bowls and I firmly believe you need to smoke a whole tin before attempting a review. But, I can say it is one heck of a smoke. Tasty all the way, and while the cigar leaf isn't as noticeable as I'd like it is definitely present in the room note, which is of a very fragrant cigar.

AWESOME!

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I have a tin approaching a year. Looking forward to cracking it open. Thanks for your post!

3. Capt

Capt Active Member

I still have several tins from the original release. I didn't care for it then, I wonder what age did for it.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.