GL Pease Key Largo

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Smokingmiami, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

So my wife gave in on Sunday and gave me my b-day present which was the Peterson's Yeats I had written about a couple of weeks ago. We had a BBQ at the house and she got a little tipsy, needless to say she is not that good at keeping secrets. I packed my first bowl in it yesterday with some Key Largo and I can't say anything else but wow. The bowl smokes amazing and the KL has one hell of a nicotine punch. I had to set the bowl down twice throughout the smoke. It reminds me very much of C&D #420 HD but a whole lot stronger. Any one else enjoy some KL even though it kind of smacks you in the face after about 15 - 20 mins?

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Hmmm never had tried that before, but now i kinda want to lol. I have been a cig smoker for going on 15 years now so i dont think it would smack me to bad, but would love to try it and have toby's like that so i could give up these nasty cigs. Though pipe smoking is helping me kick the habit what once was a pack a day smoker, now is a pack every 4 to 5 day smoker. So i need to find those like you are talking about to have on hand. But anyway.... Glad you enjoyed your b-day!!!!! :velho:

3. fuerte91

fuerte91 Member

I absolutely love it, perhaps my favorite blend. It is VERY strong, but not enough to where i need to set it down, then again, my huge size probably is the reason, at 6'4" and 265lbs.

4. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Maybe, I'm 5'7" 150lbs

5. fuerte91

fuerte91 Member

haha, yea, big difference

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I got a tin of Key Largo my last TAD order, but have not opened it yet. I haven't smoked a stogey in a while, so am curious to see what I think.

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

key largo was not fun for me. i like cigars, i like pipes. i dont think i really like cigars in my pipes, especially in a heavy english blend. this is the one GL pease blend i've had that i would actually say is bad, as opposed to not just being in my tastes. it tasted alkaline/chemical and while the nicotine wasn't too rough on me (i'm used to black xx) the smoke was just too much. it was like smoking two tatuajes and a bowl of straight latakia at the same time. if you enjoy it, more for you, but i'll give this stuff a miss from now on.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

9. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.