Going on a TAD trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Ted

Oh dear!.....getting ready to board in a couple of hours, and the weather forecast says - 'strong winds, and rough seas!'.......I usually sit on deck at the rear end.....sorry sailors - stern!, and smoke my pipe, but this time I may be 'feeding the fishes' over the rail!....maybe a milder tobacco is called for! :(
OT

Old Ted

THE BEUROCRATS STRIKE AGAIN!:(
The last time I was here - about eight months ago, the rear of this excellent B&M was a full, comfortable smoking lounge, where you could relax with pipe or cigar while perusing the well stocked shelves. It's still there, but the smokers have been relegated to a small 'greenhouse' with sliding glass doors - at one side of the room, my wife - a non smoker used to enjoy the previous environment, and happily sat with me, while we had drinks and my pipe, and I made my tobacco selections. This time the little smoke room was full of cigarette smokers, and the air foul, we declined the invitation to join them - that the young waitress made, when she came over to ask me not to smoke my pipe. Other than this, Jerry's Cigar Bar is well worth visiting - if in Brugge.
OT

Ol Brokedik

Usually my tobacco buying trips are within a fifty mile radius of home, but tomorrow it's across the North Sea to Belgium to gather stock for my cellar jars. Living just ten minutes drive from the overnight ferries to mainland Europe, we regularly take advantage of the cheap offers on crossings - at this time of year. The Christmas street markets will be on in Brugge, and while Mrs.Ted looks for bargains, I'll be sitting in the comfortable smoking lounge at 'Gerry's Cigar Bar' with pipe, coffee and cognac, before picking up a few tins from the well stocked shelves, and - of course....a few packs of the native Belgian Semois. Hopefully - I'll have more success with my photography on this trip!:rolleyes:
OT
You're livin' large, Old Ted.

Ol Brokedik.

Old Ted

I made a mistake, that did not turn out too badly!, while looking around the shelves in this B&M ( help yourself and take it to the cashier ) - I spotted an oblong 100gram tin, with a sailing ship label, and marked 'Veermaster'. Thinking it was the VA flake that so many of you enthuse over, I slipped one in my basket, but later examination showed it to be made by 'Planta' - and consisting of little black and brown cubes.
This strange ( to me! ) tobacco turns out to be quite a decent smoke - once you can get the darn stuff to burn LOL!, very fruity, and aromatic.....not my usual style - but satisfying as the bowl progresses. I solved the burn problem by throwing some of the cubes into a blender to make kindling, as they are a bit too hard/sharp to rub smaller. I wonder if anyone else here has smoked this stuff?, I've never seen it mentioned.
OT

Puff The Magic

Bummer Dave! Hope you snagged the Semois, I'll trad ya some "real" Hamborger Veermaster for some...just to try, you know...I wann know what leaf is worth crossing the Channel on a ferry in high seas in the winter! It's gotta be darned good!

;)

Ed
Puff

Old Ted

Bummer Dave! Hope you snagged the Semois, I'll trad ya some "real" Hamborger Veermaster for some...just to try, you know...I wann know what leaf is worth crossing the Channel on a ferry in high seas in the winter! It's gotta be darned good!

;)

Ed
Puff
Yes I stocked up on Semois, I like the stuff - and it's cheap over there, mixes well too!, but the trip was not just about TAD Ed.....I have a wife that could 'shop' for England!....so.....:(
PM sent Ed
OT

shadow

I made a mistake, that did not turn out too badly!, while looking around the shelves in this B&M ( help yourself and take it to the cashier ) - I spotted an oblong 100gram tin, with a sailing ship label, and marked 'Veermaster'. Thinking it was the VA flake that so many of you enthuse over, I slipped one in my basket, but later examination showed it to be made by 'Planta' - and consisting of little black and brown cubes.
This strange ( to me! ) tobacco turns out to be quite a decent smoke - once you can get the darn stuff to burn LOL!, very fruity, and aromatic.....not my usual style - but satisfying as the bowl progresses. I solved the burn problem by throwing some of the cubes into a blender to make kindling, as they are a bit too hard/sharp to rub smaller. I wonder if anyone else here has smoked this stuff?, I've never seen it mentioned.
OT
Hi, Ted!
It's good to hear that you're actually enjoying a tobacco made by Planta. So far I've had nothing but crap from this maker: The Banker's, and yes, even Presbyterian!
They must have altered the mixture of that one!!!!!
But as long as you enjoy it... great!:bing:

Status
Not open for further replies.