Going on a TAD trip!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Old Ted, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Oh dear!.....getting ready to board in a couple of hours, and the weather forecast says - 'strong winds, and rough seas!'.......I usually sit on deck at the rear end.....sorry sailors - stern!, and smoke my pipe, but this time I may be 'feeding the fishes' over the rail!....maybe a milder tobacco is called for! :(
    OT

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Have a safe trip Dave and indulge your heart out! :D

Ed
    Puff

3. telltime

telltime Active Member

Enjoy Ted. I'm jealous of course...

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

THE BEUROCRATS STRIKE AGAIN!:(
    The last time I was here - about eight months ago, the rear of this excellent B&M was a full, comfortable smoking lounge, where you could relax with pipe or cigar while perusing the well stocked shelves. It's still there, but the smokers have been relegated to a small 'greenhouse' with sliding glass doors - at one side of the room, my wife - a non smoker used to enjoy the previous environment, and happily sat with me, while we had drinks and my pipe, and I made my tobacco selections. This time the little smoke room was full of cigarette smokers, and the air foul, we declined the invitation to join them - that the young waitress made, when she came over to ask me not to smoke my pipe. Other than this, Jerry's Cigar Bar is well worth visiting - if in Brugge.
    OT
    [​IMG]

5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

You're livin' large, Old Ted.

Ol Brokedik.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I know how you feel, OT. What the hell is the world coming to?
    Hey, let's start an "Occupy the Smoker's Bar" movement and dare the SoBs to pepper spray us.

Old Ted likes this.
  7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I made a mistake, that did not turn out too badly!, while looking around the shelves in this B&M ( help yourself and take it to the cashier ) - I spotted an oblong 100gram tin, with a sailing ship label, and marked 'Veermaster'. Thinking it was the VA flake that so many of you enthuse over, I slipped one in my basket, but later examination showed it to be made by 'Planta' - and consisting of little black and brown cubes.
    This strange ( to me! ) tobacco turns out to be quite a decent smoke - once you can get the darn stuff to burn LOL!, very fruity, and aromatic.....not my usual style - but satisfying as the bowl progresses. I solved the burn problem by throwing some of the cubes into a blender to make kindling, as they are a bit too hard/sharp to rub smaller. I wonder if anyone else here has smoked this stuff?, I've never seen it mentioned.
    OT

shadow and SouthBound like this.
  8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Bummer Dave! Hope you snagged the Semois, I'll trad ya some "real" Hamborger Veermaster for some...just to try, you know...I wann know what leaf is worth crossing the Channel on a ferry in high seas in the winter! It's gotta be darned good!

;)

Ed
    Puff

Old Ted likes this.
  9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Yes I stocked up on Semois, I like the stuff - and it's cheap over there, mixes well too!, but the trip was not just about TAD Ed.....I have a wife that could 'shop' for England!....so.....:(
    PM sent Ed
    OT

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hi, Ted!
    It's good to hear that you're actually enjoying a tobacco made by Planta. So far I've had nothing but crap from this maker: The Banker's, and yes, even Presbyterian!
    They must have altered the mixture of that one!!!!!
    But as long as you enjoy it... great!:bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.