1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Good find in an antique shop....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

But even at a good price, I still can't afford it at the moment. Comoy's Tradition Canadian, 80 bucks. It was in a locked case, so I didn't examine it too closely, but the finish is beautiful, through the glass I saw the "C" was the famous "three piece c", the rim is in great shape, it's not overly caked, and basically from the look of it the only thing that would need to be done is to clean up the stem.

Beautiful pipe, one of my favorite shapes, from a very highly respected maker....and for well under a hundred bucks (and I suspect I may be able to talk them down a little)...

But, facts are facts. I need to pay rent. Hopefully it's still there in a couple weeks!

Rodfather and Old Codger like this.

2. krusty

krusty Active Member

Pay your rent but just eat beans and rice!

user2725 and Tony Malerich like this.
  3. dbt13

dbt13 Active Member

I found a newer Italian made bent sandblasted Comoy at an antique store during a recent trip to the Outer Banks. It had a chip on the rim and was in decent but not great condition. The best part about it was that it had this label - "Savenilli Alligator Pipe".

I did not pay the $60 they were asking.

Tony Malerich and nesta like this.
  4. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Make them a lesser offer first.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Maybe they'd hold it for you.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

That's the plan. It still won't be for a little while though.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

They may, but it was a locked case and I haven't gotten to inspect it close up yet. I have enough pipes, but if I can get it at a reasonable price I'll be happy to do so (and post some good pictures, too.) Heck, from what I saw it looked like it was in great shape....if I saw the C insert accurately, then even 80 bucks would be a steal. If I could get it for 65....that would make me giddy! But if someone else buys it before I go back with money....I won't lose sleep over it. I'll just hope some other pipe comes in that I like, and that the person who bought it will actually smoke it. There were some other cool pipes there, though....most of which were way cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.