Good Pipe Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

user5922

I have purchased 17 different 1 ounce samples from www.smokingpipes.com. A couple that stand out for me so far are Brighams Solitude, McClellands Chocolate Cream and Sutliff Cream Soda. A couple of them have not been very good, but that's what trial and error is for.
I also tried the Samuel Gawith Fire Dance Flake but I am on the fence with that one until I try it again.

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Mattzoso

Take a pipe with you when you go to your local B & M. Many pipe shops still encourage potential customers to sample one or two of their mixtures. Sniff the tobacco in each of the jars they will have on display and try the one that seems most appealing. Get a couple ounces each of the mixtures that has a fragrance you like. You might be slightly disappointed with one or two but actually smoking mixtures is the only to find your fav mixtures.
Hopefully i can do that.

Mattzoso

?
I have purchased 17 different 1 ounce samples from www.smokingpipes.com. A couple that stand out for me so far are Brighams Solitude, McClellands Chocolate Cream and Sutliff Cream Soda. A couple of them have not been very good, but that's what trial and error is for.
I also tried the Samuel Gawith Fire Dance Flake but I am on the fence with that one until I try it again.
What is the best way to get bang for my buck there?

Longshanks

Sutliff Private Stock: Top Shelf was a pretty tasty tobacco. Everyone who's had this can 'like' if they agree. Has a good smelling whiskey aroma. Smoked a little wet fresh out of the can, so you may want to fill your pipe and let it sit an hour or so before lighting. I really enjoyed it.

user5922

I am not sure in your case but I live in Canada so ordering small amounts of each allows me to order more and keep my order under 200 grams so as not to get hit by duty charges

leacha

░░░░░░
I'd stay clear of Walnut. It's being discontinued and if you like it, you'll never find it again, unless it's reintroduced. Here's a list of 5 tobaccos, I think, can get you started.

Aromatic = Cornell & Diehl - Autumn Evening, it's an Aro. Smells good & tastes good.
Burley = Middleton's Carter Hall, it's a classic for a reason.
Virginia = McClelland's - Bulk No.5100 Red Cake, nice bulk Virginia.
Virginia/Perique = 4noggins' - Prairie Wind, clean and simple tasting
Latakia = Uhle's Blend 71, a light "English" blend to get you started.

BTW, these are the 5 categories I use for tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.