1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Got another Falcon

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Old Ted, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Wandering around a flea market yesterday, I was poking around in a big box of assorted junk and pulled out a rather grubby, but sound Falcon complete with a good bowl. "how much?" says I to the stall lady, "oh - gimme a pound darling!" says she, so the moth-eaten OT money bag was soon opened!. Back home, the bowl was buffed, reamed and polished, and the stem soaked in bleach, de-gunked and metal polished.
    Now, I have three Falcons already, two straights and a bent - all with dental mouthpieces, and really comfortable for me, and I really don't feel happy about this new one with the standard mp - I keep feeling as though I might drop it!.
    Bottom line - the bowl I shall keep, but if anyone would like the stem (gratis) - has a bowl to fit, or as a spare, I'll pass it along. OT's bedtime now, but will check it out -in the morning.
    OT[​IMG]

ol gto, Hannibal and IrishRover like this.

2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Nice fine! I just smoked my first dental bit and know why you like them!

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Wow... now you got yourself quite a deal there!

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

How did I miss this?? :msty:
    Would love to have another stem, Dave!
    This would make six for me, and I already
    have extra bowls waiting. Do you need a
    PM? :D

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Score! :th1:

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

You got it!

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I just picked up my first falcon last night. All this talk about falcons had me curious so, I pulled the trigger on it. It wasn't a pound but, hopefully it was worth it. Awaiting the ebay arrival...

ol gto likes this.
  8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

If it's in sound condition, you won't really be disappointed with a Falcon - there are a few here that would disagree - but they are IMO the most practical, 'common sense' (and value for money!) smoking vessel, to many - they were a 'one and only' and you'd have to try pretty hard to get one to 'sour'!
    OT

IrishRover likes this.
  9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I have a bent Falcon, and three bowls. I'm glad I got it. There were several blends (C&D Strathspey comes to mind) that were to me absolutely horrid in a briar. But when I tried these blends in a Falcon, they tamed down, and I learned to appreciate them, and now, once in a while, I sneak them into my briars.

IrishRover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.