Got My new Cob

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by theSEAMAS, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

Got my new MacArthur cob today from Aristocob! Made my weekend. I'm loving this pipe... It was a little intimidating at first but once I got it packed with some Black Cav from Lane Limited, I lit it once to get it started and then one more time to get it really started. First time I've smoked in this humidity without having to relight! I call it my Hillbilly Churchwarden.
    [​IMG]

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Congrats!

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

That's a big one and a beaut! Enjoy man! :toast:

Dutchking22 likes this.
  4. Beale

Beale Active Member

WOW! Nice Cob! Enjoy!

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Swee-eet pipe!. I just got a straight Egg in the mail today. Today must be National Corncob Pipe Day. I'm gonna break it in tomorrow with some Carter Hall.

Nuck81 likes this.
  6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nice pipe, Seamas! Let us know when you finish that bowl.

See you next week! :haha:

7. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

The straight Egg is by far the greatest pipe MM ever made. I own 4. A Forever Stem just moves you so much higher. Hope the bent Country Gentleman that I should have next week smokes as well.

8. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

That's a nice pipe Seamus!!

RTO- I have one GD Egg, all the other MM cobs I have at least two. The Egg quickly moved it's way up my favorites list. It's a great pipe.

The Country Gentleman is the only MM cob I like better than the Egg....

9. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

Ha! I packed a full bowl and then "finished" after about 45 minutes because a storm came out of nowhere. I was sitting out on the porch and it was raining steady and then all of the sudden the wind blew right in my direction along with the rain :rolleyes:
    I kind of smoked it a little too fast for my liking but i think that was more due to me being nervous about having to relight with such a deep bowl.

Even when I went inside I was down to about a full regular size bowl of tobacco! This is going to be my sitting around at the cabin or outdoor gatherings pipe that's for sure.

Still, my first pipes were all briars until I picked up a Missouri Pride from MM at my local CVS. Been hooked on cobs ever since. Just can't beat the price for the quality of a cob!

10. RTOdhner

If you find you like the tall bowl, then try the General series. I have a bent and a straight General, and they are my weekend morning pipes.

11. RTOdhner

Ah, smoking on the porch during a good rain - my favorite pipe smoking scenario and very conducive to discovering a moment of "Pipe Zen." It seems like this world is so loud, fast, and complicated that few people can appreciate such a simple pleasure.

theSEAMAS likes this.
  12. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

I tend to save my favorite blends for days when I look at the weather report and see "Isolated T-Storms" :puffy: That is until lightning strikes the house across the street and I jump out of my chair and catch my pants on fire.

Dutchking22 and RTOdhner like this.
  13. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

That's surely an awesome looking cob, Seamas....I am certainly hooked on starting my day with an MM cob and a codger burley. But I've not been brave enough to stoke one up that is as large as yours!....:th1:

14. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

It was very intimidating. Especially since I'm still a new pipe smoker. Can't believe it's only been a little over a month :byg: Feels like I've been doing this forever.

15. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

+1 on the General... i bet you'd like it too!

16. RTOdhner

It's a nice pipe wit a good sized bowl. The trick is when it goes out. Getting the flame down to where the unburned baccy is can sometimes be a trick. Nothing that determination and a wooden match won't cure, though.

17. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Yup... I use matches almost exclusively and have very little problem with it on a second light. :)

18. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Nuce pipe, would love to sit out ans smoke one with ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.